Police Interceptor Utility Explorer Owners | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Police Interceptor Utility Explorer Owners

CommandPresence

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT 3.5L NA
Just bought 2014 PI Explorer.Seeing if anyone else lurking around has one? Would be nice to have a sub-forum for questions etc.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just bought 2014 PI Explorer.Seeing if anyone else lurking around has one? Would be nice to have a sub-forum for questions etc.
I am thinking of getting one like that or similar.
'How many miles were on it and do you know what agency it served??

I am thinking of getting one like that or similar.
'How many miles were on it and do you know what agency it served??
Small Campus Police car, less than 60k on it. Very happy with the horsepower. I removed all the police lookalike stuff, all set with that.

Small Campus Police car, less than 60k on it. Very happy with the horsepower. I removed all the police lookalike stuff, all set with that.

Wow Outstanding. good find probably nothing worse then co-ed vomit in it.

Just bought a 2016 PIU. We're definitely gonna need a sub-forum for the INTERCEPTOR.... Admin?

I just bought a 2015 Police Utility Ecoboost. It was a factory Ford demonstrator and has about 28k miles on it. Never titled until it hit 26k miles and is very well optioned (BLIS, Backup Sensors, Camera, Keyless, Perimeter Alarm, Sync, Aux A/C and Heat, Roof Rack, Cloth Rear Seat, Factory 18" Alloys, Ready for the Road lighting package, etc. No holes, no spotlight. Looks like the Ecoboosts are pretty rare.

A sub-forum would be nice.

It'll be the busiest sub-forum of the whole forum lol. :p

Other than having a 'unique' name, what rational is there to warrant the creation of separate sub forums for the PIU? The same was gone through a few years ago when it was suggested that a sub forum be created for the Sport. That was turned down by the Administrator. From what I've gathered, there are only a few members with this vehicle and so far all issues/questions seem to have been handled through existing sub forums. I'm guessing that it would have to have its own 'Discussion', 'IVT 2016', 'IVT 2017', and 'Modified' sub forums as well. This is something that Moderators can not do. It has to be done by the site Administrator.

Peter

Owner of a 2014 PI. Bought it with a clean title only 7,500k miles. Was told it might have been a undercover or DA Supervisor edition. Has no spotlights and has XLT interior with a original center console. Never seen one like it. Super stocked about it since its very nimble and fast.

Just bought a 2016 PIU. We're definitely gonna need a sub-forum for the INTERCEPTOR.... Admin?
Same here. I bought one two weeks ago. There are so many things on the 2016 and up that can not be set with Forscan, IDS only with a VCM II device. MY PIU came with standard ACM and I am destined to get a SYNC unit/upgrade/module or whatever it takes, installed and functioning.

PIU2.jpg

Back