Police Interceptor Utility Photo Thread | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Police Interceptor Utility Photo Thread

Nice idea on listing specifications. I went back and edited.

You guys with the keyless mod are lucky. I can't find a dealership that will even try.
Every 16,17 & 18 has it. You need to by the proper FOBs (on ebay or Ford dealer) and have the alpha numeric key inside each transmitter, programmed using Ford IDS with VCN II device. I did it with my 2016. Fortunately, i have a buddy that’s a dealer tech with his own rquipment to program. Many dealerships have zero interest in custom programming, especially for PI vehicles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

gvuhABA.jpg

I am in Maine too, I'm in Sanford. Just picked this up a few days ago, was a Falmouth PD vehicle. I really like it so far, only problem is some surging/bucking at light throttle around 30mph and occasional shuddering in sync with the surging. Gonna do some basic 100k tune up stuff and hope for the best. I started a thread on it.
Have you resolved the surging n idle issues you were having? I am having the exact same thing going on with mine that i bought 1 week ago. Wasnt sure where ti attack first. I have no check engine lights either.

Here's something fun-- in addition to a photo of my 2013 PIU since it's been in my possession, I have a photo from when it was first put into service. I already knew the agency it was from while bidding on the auction (probably even saw it around town a few times), but it was a very nice surprise to find the car's entire shop file in the front seat when I picked it up. It had thorough documentation from when it was new and its maintenance & repair history, including the Monroney window sticker. The first photo was part of their intake process, stapled to the front of the folder.

Here it is in a more recent photo, 75k miles on the odometer later.

I buy retired fleet vehicles with some frequency. Between the careful decommissioning they did and the documentation they passed along, I don't regret paying top dollar as far as auctions prices go for this one, despite having to replace all three motor/transmission mounts shortly after purchase. It was cleaner, better-documented, and still has had fewer issues, than any private party vehicle I've purchased.

Updated photo

Now has
K&N Cold Air Intake
2.5" straight pipe magnaflow XL turbo mufflers
Tinted the head/tail lights
LED interior and marker/rear turn signals. Amber/White switch back signal lights
GoRhino pushbar with winch and flood light.
Added the digital speedometer to the dash (Had to get it done at ford)
Tinted the front 2 windows.
Added rear facing "dash cam" (alot of action seems to happen behind me)
Phone controlled door lock/unlock
Auto started added via forscan
aaxgch.jpg
What k&n air intake did u buy for it. Which car was it suposed to be for? Sence they dont make one for our interceptors. Iv been wanting to buy one but cant find the one that will fit.

How much did that wrap set you back, and what kind of wrap/color did you get? That's exactly what I'm looking to do.
Just an FYI. That member hasn't been back here since he posted that reply July 29, 2017. Hopefully he is still around.

Peter

the new sports are listed at 365 horse, have they upped the PIU horsepower on the new 3.7 ecoboosts?
The Sport has been 365 HP and 350 ft-lbs torque since it came out in 2013.The Platinum is the same.

Peter

The Sport has been 365 HP and 350 ft-lbs torque since it came out in 2013.The Platinum is the same.

Peter
oh ok. I guess I just assumed that the larger displacement police interceptor package would have more hp than the civilian models.

oh ok. I guess I just assumed that the larger displacement police interceptor package would have more hp than the civilian models.

The larger displacement motor in the piu is the 3.7 na and does have more hp/tq than the 3.5 na in the retail explorer. The 3.5 ecoboost is the same for piu and retail.

2013 straight off the trailer. Ex Pennsylvania Highway Patrol, this thing will scoot. Lotta fun, I have already replaced the tired yellowed spotlights. These forums are a real help. You can't beat it for $11,000 delivered to my front door (650 miles). Whoo-hoo!!
iZcCUYB.jpg

6CO3rao.jpg

N8bddi1.jpg

2013 straight off the trailer. Ex Pennsylvania Highway Patrol, this thing will scoot. Lotta fun, I have already replaced the tired yellowed spotlights. These forums are a real help. You can't beat it for $11,000 delivered to my front door (650 miles). Whoo-hoo!!
iZcCUYB.jpg

6CO3rao.jpg

N8bddi1.jpg
Nice one!

Welcome to the club!

New to the game, made this account a while ago when I stupidly won a dozen brand new FPIU rear seats for $100 at auction and my shipping fell through, so I was frantically trying to find someone local to buy them (hence the name). Guess I'm stuck with the name now unless I use an alternate email (or can a mod change my name)? No matter, I said at the time that I didn't own an FPIU but hoped to one day. Well, that day has come.

Here's my 2013 FPIU, 131k highway miles with the Oregon State Police, 4K idle hours. She's LK blue, which matches my 2008 CVPI. Full "luxury" package, so backup camera, USB/MP3 input, etc. Hope to get her on a truck for her cross-country road trip next week. My first projects will be replacing the tires (it's coming with four studdeds that will be great for the winter, but I'm currently gathering some used RS-As), fixing the rear doors (they screwed in plates over the window switches and door handles, and plugged the lock pin holes - hopefully the switches and handles are there and it only needs a few cheap lock pins), replacing the right side cargo area cup holder, reinstalling the lower console outlet plate, and finding some type of center console solution. It has the mounting plate still, and I'd love one of the nice FPIU civilian style consoles without the shifter, but can't find one anywhere. I'll also be adding a hitch, reinstalling a spotlight (they left the bracket and part of the shaft) and reinstalling a push bumper (I still have the tabs in the grille). It has holes on the sides of the bumper from a wraparound PIT bar, which I'll need to figure out what to do with since I'm not reinstalling a wraparound bar. I'll also be reinstalling NMO mounts to deal with the holes in the roof.

I'll start a proper thread in earnest when I get her delivered, but wanted to throw my name into the presumably currently small group of FPIU owners and enthusiasts. Got her for about $6K before auction fees and shipping.

5859_2399_3.jpg

5859_2399_2.jpg

5859_2399_1.jpg

5859_2399_21.jpg

Welcome to the Forum seatflipper.:wave:
Looks like you'll be busy for a while once you get it.:)

Peter

Hey that's a sharp looking ride, great color. They are a lot of fun.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New to the game, made this account a while ago when I stupidly won a dozen brand new FPIU rear seats for $100 at auction and my shipping fell through, so I was frantically trying to find someone local to buy them (hence the name). Guess I'm stuck with the name now unless I use an alternate email (or can a mod change my name)? No matter, I said at the time that I didn't own an FPIU but hoped to one day. Well, that day has come.

Here's my 2013 FPIU, 131k highway miles with the Oregon State Police, 4K idle hours. She's LK blue, which matches my 2008 CVPI. Full "luxury" package, so backup camera, USB/MP3 input, etc. Hope to get her on a truck for her cross-country road trip next week. My first projects will be replacing the tires (it's coming with four studdeds that will be great for the winter, but I'm currently gathering some used RS-As), fixing the rear doors (they screwed in plates over the window switches and door handles, and plugged the lock pin holes - hopefully the switches and handles are there and it only needs a few cheap lock pins), replacing the right side cargo area cup holder, reinstalling the lower console outlet plate, and finding some type of center console solution. It has the mounting plate still, and I'd love one of the nice FPIU civilian style consoles without the shifter, but can't find one anywhere. I'll also be adding a hitch, reinstalling a spotlight (they left the bracket and part of the shaft) and reinstalling a push bumper (I still have the tabs in the grille). It has holes on the sides of the bumper from a wraparound PIT bar, which I'll need to figure out what to do with since I'm not reinstalling a wraparound bar. I'll also be reinstalling NMO mounts to deal with the holes in the roof.

I'll start a proper thread in earnest when I get her delivered, but wanted to throw my name into the presumably currently small group of FPIU owners and enthusiasts. Got her for about $6K before auction fees and shipping.

5859_2399_3.jpg

5859_2399_2.jpg

5859_2399_1.jpg

5859_2399_21.jpg
Nice color!

Back