POLL: What color to powder coat lift | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

POLL: What color to powder coat lift

What color should I powder coat my lift?

• Black

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Silver

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Something crazy

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
UEKWVl.jpg

Click for way bigger picture.

MXrider...your truck looks really good. Sorry if I wasn't specific enough. I want to clear 33x12.50's on a 8.5" wide wheel. The height is not what concerns me as much as the width. I hope to be able to do this without needing to run fiberglass fenders.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

UEKWVl.jpg

Click for way bigger picture.

Also curious to know what 17" wheels you are running... the ones in the pic seem to be the exact same as mine which are 16" but I may be mistaken. Any more pics of your truck and wheels?

Also curious to know what 17" wheels you are running... the ones in the pic seem to be the exact same as mine which are 16" but I may be mistaken. Any more pics of your truck and wheels?

Sorry, 16's! My jeep has 17's, get them confused. That extra 2 inches on width is gunna be hard. The 10's are tight. who sells fiberglass for these?

McNeil Racing Inc./Perry's Fab and Fiber makes glass for these trucks. I called them because they don't have any pics of their fenders but I did some trolling around on the internet and found a pair of their fenders. I almost love them minus the z3 fender vents which are gross imo. Here's a pic:
3rdgen.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg

The truck in the pics is not my cup of tea (stock suspension and very nice wheel and tire game) but mine is pretty much stock so touche. LOL
I hope I don't have to run glass to clear the 33x12.50r17's I plan on running.

McNeil Racing Inc./Perry's Fab and Fiber makes glass for these trucks. I almost love them minus the z3 fender vents which are gross imo.
I completely agree, but unfortunately it seems that's the way they are making most of the newer glass...

Good thing that person has them too. You wouldn't want to rub with, 31s... :rolleyes:

Thats a bro explorer lol. Anyone addressing the rear fenders? i quit making long travel for mine because of the rear fendets

I completely agree, but unfortunately it seems that's the way they are making most of the newer glass...

Good thing that person has them too. You wouldn't want to rub with, 31s... :rolleyes:

Yeah that guy i'm sure was just going for looks. I plan on doing suspension first then worrying about looks. I may end up running the fenders with the vents depending on how the ex sits after the new goodies are on. The vents are like $50-80 extra to remove so I'd rather look at them than pay more for fenders.

Thats a bro explorer lol. Anyone addressing the rear fenders? i quit making long travel for mine because of the rear fendets

No one makes rear glass for these trucks that I know of. I do not plan on running rear glass anyways. The cv axles run through the frame and I think it would be more work than its worth for this truck (I'd just buy a new platform). The explorer is my daily driver so I kinda have worked with what I have. Best I can do so far is ordered a BTF 2.25" , BTF Uniball Upper A-Arms, and Rancho Quick Lift Coilovers front and rear. Can't wait for these arms to come in so I can powder coat them and install everything. Then I'll decide on what size wheels and tires I'll run.

Update, After over a Year, I never installed the 2.25" spacers on top of the quicklifts. I feel like the benefits did not outweigh the consequences of running them so I held off. I did however contact Brandon at BTF and am having him make me a set of 1.25" spacers which will be a good compromise between usable wheel travel and lift. I will keep you guys updated.

Back