poly body mounts for 96 explorer

PUR PONY

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 LTD, 96 XLT, & 98 XLT
I am looking to replace my body mounts on my explorer with all poly. Do you think this would add to handling? I am guessing I am getting a little extra roll from the factory rubber mounts..... or am I wrong?

I emailed a few places today on poly body mounts for my truck and they all tell me that energy suspension does not make them for the newer explorer...... I do believe they make them for 91-94.... whats the difference?

Also..... James Duff sells poly body mounts for rangers up to 97.... would these work? I dont see why not..

You guys all use body lifts from pre 97 and 98+ for your explorers... correct?

thanks

I bought Daystar's kit and most of it was marked for the 91-93 "X". The supplier checked and said they were the correct parts but when my mechanic attempted to fit the parts they were way off. Daystar also told me via the retailer I was trying to dupe them because the 5/8" swaybar mounts would not fit my '96 "X". They claimed their parts were for a factory standard vehicle and only a rear swaybar was fitted. If I were you I would stay clear of anything Daystar makes as they obviously have never even looked at the '96 on "X".

i have seen kits for the 91-94 however i never bothered to look for 95+ cause i dont own one. i know 91 94 kits are out there, if bushing is same i dont see why they wont work...but reasearch allways saves you SOME frustration

Back