Poly bushings(will I notice a BIG diffrence?) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Poly bushings(will I notice a BIG diffrence?)

BajaXplorer

Reaction score
City, State
San Marcos, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT 2WD
I purchased the front and rear poly bushings for the Explorers sway bars. The old rubber ones have 48K on them , but I wondered if I'd notice a diffrence on the X?

When I put then on our Jeep Grand Cherokee , I didnt notice a diffrence, but it didnt have near the sway or lean the Explorer does.
It also was lifted 3" with coils and had Bilsteins on all 4 corners.

The X only has a 1.5" TT, and 31" BFG A/Ts, w/ stock shocks(for now)

Im hoping they were worth the $50 I payed for them!

There made by Energy Suspension

Thanks for any info,

EDIT I just scrolled down and noticed Wylies post about his ES bushings but Id like more opinions as well..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I guess we will find out around the same time. I just ordered mine on Monday after seeing the other post for the ES bushings.

Poly bushings

Were did you get them? Could you get them for the Radius arms also? I have 105k on mine and need to replace them.

www.explorerexpress.com Click on "Springs/Bushings" and then scroll down. They have a complete poly bushing kit for the Explorer which does include poly bushings for the radius arms, also leaf spring, sway bar, front differential support, etc. The kit runs $129.95 but I could have sworn that the kit was $110 in my print catalog. Don't pay for a catalog either, they will send you one free with your order. The bushings can be purchased seperately from the kit for $16.95 or the complete radius arm bushing kit can be purchased for $34.95 which includes all of the hardware.

OK, I just put mine on this weekend. It took away all of the tilting that showed up when I put my 3" body lift on and then some. My tires howl when I take corners too fast now, but no leaning. I only made one quick trip around the block, but so far I am impressed. Anyone else not like the tippy feeling after putting on your body lift or even if it's stock for that matter, I would definately recommend the Energy Suspension poly-urethane bushings for stock sway bars.

I dont have a lift but i have them. Between that and the new shocks i got at the time... it made a HUGE difference. One of the better things i spent my money on!

Check out the daystar bushings they are alot cheaper and they directly help out the forum:D

Has anyone put poly bushings on a late model Explorer front sway bar?

Comments......

I have ordered mine and they should be in next week. They should go in next weekend and I will post the results. I can tell you that the addition on the Rancho RXS shocks made a huge difference! It's amazing the abuse they take without transferring it to the interior.

I can't seem to remove the bushings from the rear drop down brackets. Please advise me as I am currently working on this and it is stumping me bad.

THanks!1

Bushings

Kinda surprised to see people using energy bushings instead of daystar bushings from hank. I have put on the sway bar kits from daystar, and found them to do really well, next to put on is the radius arms and pivot bushings, and also rear spring kit.The Daystars are the same as energy, I've used them in the past on different vehicles, but this time got a much better deal from Hank. To each his own, but I would recommend at least visiting his site before you purchsa any.Just my to cents
www.sales@flexplorers.com:D

hank

hank is the man,and he is selling a great product:D

I had no idea. I did a bunch of searches here before I bought the poly bushings from Explorer Express though no one gave me direction to the product Hank is selling.

No offence as I did not care who/what bushing type/supplier I used. It would have been nice to have that information and to save a few bucks in the same note.

It sometimes is hard to find the "Deals" here as it seems to me that they are posted somewhere deep in a thread, which through experience with the bushings I ordered took about an hour of sifting through conversations.

Possibly we should have a index of Explorer "Deals". Just today I read about the Amsoil deal and I would like to get some for my axles and x-fer case though like I said it was kind of a mistake that I stumbled upon that deal.

I am all for supporting those who support me!

Thanks for the deals everyone, they are greatly appreciated.

PS: I don't think that I got any discount whatsoever on the Poly bushings I bought...

When I bought my Engergy Suspension bushings last year, I had never heard of Dystar bushings. There wasn't any mention of them on this site until the last few months. I can't even remember seing Dystar bushings in any of the local off-road shops, but there are plenty of ES bushings to be had. Does Dystar even make bushings for a '97? I would like to get the upper, front shock busings in polyurethane if I could get them in the factory replacement size. My rubber ones go out every time I go offroad. I have put on some ES bushings on the front shocks, but they are much smaller than the original rubber bushings were and I had to stack a bunch of washers on them to fit right. So far though they have held up.

2000 Explorer Sport SOHC

I'm going to order 4 Bilsteins for my on-the-road daily driver. I've been looking through the discussion about bushings and poly materials, but I can't seem to find them for the 2000. I have a stock 3/4" rear sway bar? Should I change out anything to reduce the body roll? I sure hope the Bilsteins improve the bumpy ride! Maybe I'm just used to the handling of my RX-7.

Originally posted by kevinapg
2000 Explorer Sport SOHC

I'm going to order 4 Bilsteins for my on-the-road daily driver. I've been looking through the discussion about bushings and poly materials, but I can't seem to find them for the 2000. I have a stock 3/4" rear sway bar? Should I change out anything to reduce the body roll? I sure hope the Bilsteins improve the bumpy ride! Maybe I'm just used to the handling of my RX-7.

I would definately go with a larger rear sway bar.

I use Edelbrovk ISA shocks on my street only Explorer and wowm what a difference in handeling they made.

Good luck.....

Back