polyurethane body lifts? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

polyurethane body lifts?

95offroadx

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Palmyra, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer xlt
is there any polyurethane body lifts/body bushings out there for the 1st gen? i know jeep sells 1"-2" lift polyurethane body bushings. or can i just get 10 1.5" lift body mounts?

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

sn0border88

Master Apprentice
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Souderton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
as long as they are the right dimensions, you could grab a big long stick of it and make your own.

<

rcmann

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
black 1993 XLT
You could just buy a 2 inch body lift, and run large washers. You will have to buy new bolts/nuts and washers for them, as you'll probably snap off a few bolts, and the nuts on these things stock are sqare, and are welded to the bottom of the bushing retainer. This will probably give you overall 1 inch of lift, so gaps will be minimal.

<

95offroadx

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Palmyra, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer xlt
what are the dimensions? i really want to add a little more lift, even it out a little maybe like 1.75" front 1.5" rear...

<

sn0border88

Master Apprentice
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Souderton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
go out and look at your body mounts....

<