DeRocha

NEX Vice President
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Brockton, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4x4
I was trying to order Warrior 153 Shackles from JC Whitney, but they appear to have dropped the ball. It had taken them over weeks to let me know they could special order the shackles...by this time I had already ordered (and received them) from www.quadratec.com
9/15/2003 I originally phoned their Customer support (Warrior shackles are a special order) and was told they would call me back with a price.

9/16 /2003 I didn’t hear a word and I have an answering machine with caller id. So I sent the following Email to them to which I received a standard Auto reply.

Problem: Difficulties Placing an Order On-line

First Name: John
Last Name: DeRocha
City: Brockton
State: MA
Zipcode: 02301

Comments: I need assistance is finding a part. I have been given your
webb site from Warrior Products. I am looking to purchase a Warrior
replacement shackle for my '93 Ford Explorer. The part # is WAR153.

customerservice@jcwhitney.com wrote:
Thank you for your e-mail to JC Whitney Customer Service!

Please note, this is only an auto response to your inquiry verifying our having received your e-mail.
All inquiries are personally responded to as soon as possible in the order in which they are received.
If you are checking the status of your order please use our new "Order Tracking". Go to:
https://www.jcwhitney.com/Login.jhtml
If you have a Catalog Stock Number and would like to order online, please feel free to use our Electronic Order Form. Go:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/EOBSplash.jhtml
Thank you for shopping online at www.jcwhitney.com

----- derochaj@yahoo.com Wrote -----
Order Number:

Problem: Difficulties Placing an Order On-line
First Name: John
Last Name: DeRocha
City: Brockton
State: MA
Zipcode: 02301

Comments: I need assistance is finding a part. I have been given your webb site from Warrior Products. I am looking to purchase a Warrior replacement shackle for my '93 Ford Explorer. The part # is WAR153.

9/23/2003 I Emailed them again with the following msg.
I has been 7 days since my initial inquiry and I have NOT received any contact accept the auto response below. I hope my request has "fallen through the cracks", and will be answered ASAP. Otherwise I will not be looking to your company for any on-line purchases.

10/2/2003Dear customer, thank you for contacting JC Whitney. we are able to locate that part for you through our special order department. cost would be $74.95 plus shipping. if you would like me to order that for you, please let me know. thanks again Debbie Dear Debbie (customer service)

10/2/2003Thank you for the response to my inquiry. I would have ordered the parts from your company, but I did NOT receive any communication from you since my initial inquiry (16 days ago). This lack of communication forced me to look elsewhere for my parts. I am an active registered member of the Explorer webb site http://www.explorer4x4.com (16,000 members). I will be posting all e-mail messages that have taken place between us along with a timeline. This feedback will be very helpful to all members when searching for future parts and equipment.Sincerely,John DeRochacustomerservice@jcwhitney

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I hate it when a company gives poor service. Really makes me mad, its like they don't care if they get your business.

I only use them if I absolutely have to. You also have to make sure when you place an order with them that they don't put you on any ad lists: phone, email, or snail mail. Their ad dept also made 2 false charges on my credit card a few years ago for subscriptions I didn't agree to.

i only order there when i absolutely know about the product i am buying... something simple like window ventshade, brush guards, driving lights. something so simple that they can't possible screw it up. no problem yet.

Warrior shackles are sold by only a few companies. Unfortunately JcWhitney is one of them. They actually should NOT sell the Warrior 153 shackles since its such a PITA to order them. I mean they have no stock number for it and need to request some obscure seldom used order form.. In all cases all dealers are just taking the orders and drop shipping them back to the manufacture for shipment...I just get P!$$&@ off when they send you an email saying they will get back to you in the order they have received their mail...Well a 2 week turn around time isn't going to win any friends...I mostly shop @ local places where I know them and they know me, sometimes I pay less, some times I pay more, but that’s ok since they are doing me the service for being there..

4 wheel parts.

Back