• Register Today It's free!

Porsche SUV

dexplore

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Mounty
The guys on the Porsche board are having a field day with this one -- A New York Times news story published today on the Porsche Cayenne, and how Porsche guys are up in arms about it more-or-less ruining the mark. Did anyone here read it?

My thoughts are it's been a long time coming: to stay competitive, all major automakers need SUVs in their stable. If Ford can have their SVT toys (Cobra, Focus, F-150) and Explorer/Mountaineer, among others, Porsche, along with their 996, Turbo and GT-2 and Boxster variations, had better also have an SUV?

Your thoughts?

IMO, I like it. Porsche is my favorite brand, besides Ford, so maybe I'm a little biased:D . But their vehicles are incredible, no other supercar (like the Turbo) can be driven everyday reliable, try doing that to a Lamborghini or Ferrari. Plus their quality is awsome.

We have the largest Porsche dealer in the world here, Champion Porsche, incredible place to go to. My grandfather and I always go over there to look around. Talking to the guys over there, they (along w/ Porsche) sent out papers to Porsche owners asking if they would be intrested in the Cayenne/their thoughts on it ect....Over 85% of the papers returned said they would buy one, and I believe it cause Porsche already has down payment on almost every one their bringing in right now.

My moms friend put a deposit down on the Turbo Cayenne, so it should be hear soon, one bad azz truck. So now he'll have the Turbo Cayenne parked next to his Turbo Ruf Porsche:eek: I will definitley be going for a ride, heh;)

Porsche sent me a 45 min video on the Cayenne and let me just say its inspiring. It is impossible to watch this movie and not want one. They are just incredible. I dont think it ruined the brand because its a really awesome SUV, although i agree its a bit of a risky move

Back