Portable cassette player input to HU | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Portable cassette player input to HU

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
What kind of portable cassette player and what connections do I need to hook it up to the aux input on my JVC KD-SH99 HU?

I am on the road a lot and listen to books on tape; unfortunately most rental "tapes" are cassette and not CD.

Thanks....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dude, what you just said makes no sense what so ever.

Originally posted by CBoug76
Dude, what you just said makes no sense what so ever.

Seems perfectly clear to me... how do I hook upo a portable cassette player to my HU?????

First off, I would say that the JVC HU that you have does not have a cassette player in it. This way we do not have to search for what your HU has.......

kd-sh99_front.jpg

Second, I would get a "walkman" style cassette player, go to any Radio Shack, and get a cable that goes from the headphone plug to the MP3 input jack, and your in business.

I would just use a walkman (if you can find one with a fixed line out like most portable CD players have that would be great, but I don't think they exist. Just keep the volume knob on the walkman about midway). What AUX input are you wanting to use? The one on the front, or the one on the back? If you use the one on the front, get a cable that has 2 male headphone (forget the size) plugs on each end, or go to Radioshack and get the parts to rig one together (they sell them, I have a couple rigged ones here). If you use the one on the back, all you need is a cable that has the headphone jack on one end and RCA plugs on the other. Just go to Radioshack and see whats available, you should be able to find something. Good luck.

Yeah, it would be easier to just get a $14 walkman, but if not then the last post was a good one if I read it right.

Originally posted by CBoug76
First off, I would say that the JVC HU that you have does not have a cassette player in it. This way we do not have to search for what your HU has.......

Even I knew it didn't have a cassette; After 14 hours of trying to shove a cassette in the CD slot, I figuered it out, not bad for qa dumb hick from Georgia :).

Seriously, thanks for the input guys, I shall hook it up that way.

Back