Possible misfire question and something I saw that seemed odd | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Possible misfire question and something I saw that seemed odd

eddie95

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer 4.8 AWD
Ok, well after quite a bit of work my explorer is driving great and I can get around 20mpg if I'm nice to it. It starts right up every time and under normal driving it shifts ultra smooth.

Well, when I got it it ran like crap and afer I did all of the basic tuneup steps, I decided to run injector cleaner through it for a month and it really seemed to help the idle and accelration. I quit using the injector cleaner regularly a while ago and I noticed that when I floor it around 45 to 50, the vehicle pulses once or twice before it downshifts and then it takes off fine. This occurs around 4 grand which I never am at in normal driving. It runs fine otherwise, and the MPG is obviously great. Do I need to worry about this or, should I just chalk it up to crap in my fuel system and I should just keep using injector cleaner for a while?

The other thing that I noticed today was that when I opened my hood there was hundreds of little white dots of what looked like grease on the alternator, AC compressor, and other small aluminum parts. This was one of those days where there is condensation on everything and everything was wet. I this just grease leaching out of the metal, or what the heck is going on?

Thanks

Back