Possible PCV valve or hose problem. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Possible PCV valve or hose problem.

kaotic01

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer XLT
I have 2001 ford explorer with a strange problem, first off to start with my DPFE sensor failed so I replaced that. Then the weird noise and engine trouble started. I can hear a weird sucking sound near the firewall around the PCV valve area and there is hesitation when accelerating. I replaced the PCV valve which did not fix it, I replaced the IAC, again nothing. I then replaced the Upper/Lower Intake gaskets, EGR valve, EGR vacuum solenoid, TPS sensor, Cleaned MAF sensor. I am out of parts, there is no CEL, and Auto Zone's free scan showed nothing out of the ordinary!! I am at a loss!!! Please help. :(:(:scratch::scratch:

Some one did mention a while back that it could be the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor, I have not replaced that yet!!??

I forgot to mention that sometimes the brake pedal seems to be much harder to push, I wonder if there is more vacuum at the brake booster sometimes and if so would it be related to the PCV valve issue ??

Back