• Register Today It's free!

possible rear leaf spring issue

FloydExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Reading PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer XLT
i live in pa and we have been having lots of snow as of late. well my roomate has a small compact wagon for a car and it got stuck in a ditch. I have a tow bar on the back for trailers and such but i didn't have my hitch in when i helped him out. He had a big ass chain that we looped around the bar on the driver side. All the weight of his car was being put on my driver side leaf spring. Now my car has been tilting more and more over the past month. It looks like someone put a ton of sand bags in the back of my X only on the driver side.
Before all that happened i just had new shocks put in all around so i know it can't be them. What im thinking is that that leaf spring might have been so compressed that it won't spring back. Is that possible?
My question is, What do i need to do that will correct my problem. Any help would be great. Thanks

Yes it's possible. The stock springs are really bad about going flat. You could get new stock springs, do an add-a-leaf or get an aftermarket leaf pack.

Back