possible summer trip in eastern PA/NJ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

possible summer trip in eastern PA/NJ?

jonlax

Reaction score
City, State
Bensalem, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 xlt
Looking to go wheelin this summer when i am back home for 3 weeks of leave. My leave days start on the 1st of july so anything after that would be up in the air for some wheelin. I really do not care where as long as i get out and get some mud on the tires. Anyone know any good places to have a little fun in eastern PA/NJ? I seen a few talking about the pines in jersey. I used to use ATV's but not sure if its the place you are all going to since it was when i was about 15 or 16. Also what happened to parragon? I hear its closed! i wanna wheel so let me know whats up.

Jon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Theres the Pine Barrens, Rausch Creek, and I'm looking to get a run up to Centralia, PA in April. Rausch Creek is good if you like to play on the rocks, Pine Barrens looks like its going to be mostly mud, not sure about Centralia yet.

Dan

centraila PA........well i been up that way once to wheel and was kicked out by park rangers because of unstable ground conditions. From what i went threw it was a mix of mud and rock and trails that were not driven on much. When i was in highschool i used to wheel behind bob evans on street road but when i went home the guy that owned the land died and sold it off for development. I also used to wheel at penn warner which is all mud but no longer a member at that place. Anyway i have never been to roush creek so how far is it way from our area? I am looking for a day trip that i can limp home from afterward.

Jon

Its about 1.5 hours from me. Where exactly are you from because most of the areas you mentioned are only about 15-20 minutes tops from me.

Dan

grew up in bensalem ,went to harry s truman highschool and my mom lives around croydon now in some new section they built after taking down more wooded land. My girlfriend lives in fairless hills/levittown not quite sure what they call it since it is near the bucks county tech school.

Back