• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Possible to Purchase Explorer Sport Rims?

KanewtZ

Reaction score
City, State
Northern Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer LTD
Can I purchase just the Sport Rims?? I'd like to put my own rubber on...will they fit my 2013 LTD?

Anyone have insight?

Cheers,
Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Sgt1411

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
VanBC/GoodyearAZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer SPORT
I have seen several Limited Ex's on here and on the road that are using the EDGE Sport rims.

Search it out on here, there are pics.

Cant see why not.

sciond

Reaction score
City, State
The Q.C.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
why bother? You would be better off going put and buying good aftermarket rims. They will be cheaper, lighter, stronger.
Unless your trying to fake a Sport....

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Can I purchase just the Sport Rims?? I'd like to put my own rubber on...will they fit my 2013 LTD?

Anyone have insight?

Cheers,
Matt
I'm sure that the dealer would be more than happy to sell them to you Matt. There was someone a week or so ago looking to sell the Sport rims c/w tires. Not sure where that thread went.
I didn't see a price but he had his contact info included in the post. Another member may have cpopontacted him because they posted a reply that they thought $3000 was a bit much. Not sure how much they sell for through the dealer. Fordparts.com doesn't even show the price. It just says 'call'.

Peter

OffTrac

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Dublin, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport Trac 4x4
My wife wanted the Edge Sport wheels on her '09 Edge...until I told her they were $800 each. Moda makes a wheel that looks similar for a lot less, though.

Slide2hd

Reaction score
City, State
Fairfield, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 XLT, Ruby Red, 202a
If you want the actual Sport rims, you'll most likely have to go through a dealership... I wanted to upgrade from the 18" alloys my XLT came with, to the 20" polished... But didn't want to fork over the $3,000 they wanted for the wheels and tires. I imagine the sport rims are about the same. I think the best option is to find aftermarket wheels that have a sport look. They'll be cheaper, and personalized.

broken strut

Reaction score
City, State
CHIMOMAN VILLE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 White Sport
why bother? You would be better off going put and buying good aftermarket rims. They will be cheaper, lighter, stronger.
Unless your trying to fake a Sport....
Fake a Sport? For the love of..... If someone wants to buy Sport rims so be it. It's their perogative to do so.

KanewtZ. You'll probably have to wait a bit for the OEM sport tires to come out. I agree with the others though. Just go buy some after market wheels that look similar. There are alot to chose from. Enjoy your Explorer. Mod it whatever way you want.

I now have 2 Sports. A black one and a white one. His and hers. LOL. The power is truly remarkable. The ride is a lot better. Just more fun to drive all the way round.

:D

broken strut

Reaction score
City, State
CHIMOMAN VILLE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 White Sport
They have a part #. If you go to Fordparts.com.

KanewtZ

Reaction score
City, State
Northern Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer LTD
I asked because I like the way those rims look. I haven't been able to find a comparable aftermarket looking rim, unless someone knows of one?

Slide2hd

Reaction score
City, State
Fairfield, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 XLT, Ruby Red, 202a
I've been looking for a similar Sport wheel, and it's been tough... Hard to get a feel of how exactly they look until they're on... Take a look at the Verde Jaggedge- gloss black machined... I believe they come in the correct bolt pattern. Maybe try a 5 spoke wheel like the Savini Black Di Forza Bm-6 (Not sure if they come in 114.3, but just to get an idea of something else) Anyone else have suggestions of a good "sporty" wheel?

broken strut

Reaction score
City, State
CHIMOMAN VILLE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 White Sport
Yup. The OEM Sport wheels are nice. I'll find the part number and post it up. They're expensive though!

broken strut

Reaction score
City, State
CHIMOMAN VILLE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 White Sport
1007C

Wheel

With 20" Wheels ; 20 X 9 Aluminum Wheel Part #: 1007C
Pack Qty: 1
$745.00
Core Deposit: $50.00

OffTrac

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Dublin, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport Trac 4x4
My wife wanted the Edge Sport wheels on her '09 Edge...until I told her they were $800 each. Moda makes a wheel that looks similar for a lot less, though.
These are the wheels my wife decided she liked better than the $800 OEM wheels. Moda M14. The largest size is 18" though, but that's as big as she wanted anyway. $134 ea

broken strut

Reaction score
City, State
CHIMOMAN VILLE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 White Sport
Nice price

kalyanverma

Reaction score
City, State
Boston
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer LTD White
Here is the OEM pic for comparison:

Sgt1411

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
VanBC/GoodyearAZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer SPORT
Wow, number 2 is pretty close for 1/4 the cost.

Reaction score
City, State
EARTH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer SPORT
These are the wheels my wife decided she liked better than the $800 OEM wheels. Moda M14. The largest size is 18" though, but that's as big as she wanted anyway. $134 ea

Do you have a link for those?

Those may be a snow solution for the SPORT, wonder if those will clear the front brakes.

Not a fan of cheap offshore wheels, but these will look way better than the COP Explorer Steelies...

Last edited:

OffTrac

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Dublin, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport Trac 4x4
No link readily available from my phone but I think they were on Tire Rack.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

thePUNISHER

Reaction score
City, State
Ct
Year, Model & Trim Level
13 sport
Got my spare set of sport rims on ebay... Used w 200 mi... Paid 1001$....They are flawless...