• Register Today It's free!

possible tranny flush

Bigcheck1

Reaction score
City, State
Marlton, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Nissan Xterra
this maybe entirely wishful thinking...After paragon this saturday my transmission started acting really weird. while i was driving home i was doing 55 at about 3 grand on the tach. seemed like it wouldnt shift into the next gear almost. (this trans has 5000 on the rebuild but is past the 1 year warranty) i got home and parked it overnight and now it goes into all the gears, i can move in first, 2nd drive and overdrive but it wont shift between them, if that makes any sense, but will not shift right. when in drive it winds the tach out without shifting. i still have reverse and it goes into the gears with the same force that it has before. i am thinking maybe the fluid got too hot and now needs to be replaced. i am wondering if i replace the fluid and filter i might be back in the game.

I would try it. For approx. $50.00, it can't hurt. If that doesn't work THEN i'd bring it in for service.

Originally posted by Bigcheck1
i am thinking maybe the fluid got too hot and now needs to be replaced. i am wondering if i replace the fluid and filter i might be back in the game.

Sorry to bring the bad news to you but your tranny fluid doesn't go bad after just 5000 miles. I say save the $50 and just go for the service. Try to talk to the manager and say this rebuild is less than 5000 miles and you want it fixed still under the warranty. If he is a good enough guy he might just do that for you. Although, I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

Back