post Atlas install woes

Four0Sport

Jack from JackOffRoad
Reaction score
City, State
West Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 2dr
I finally got the Atlas installed, I am running a 1310/1350 flange on the front output. I had a 1350 DC front shaft from a super duty cut down to use in the front. After having to modify the A4LD shift cable bracket to clear the shaft I got it bolted up. And thats where we have a problem. Front shaft yoke is rubbing cap straps and the cap. DS angle also appears to be steeper than with the OE case and shaft. Front diff yoke to tcase output flange has a 5* difference. I know my front pinion angle isnt the greatest, but I did not have this issue until swapping in the larger driveshaft. Grind and go or change shafts? Just looking for opinions/suggestions before I look into getting a different shaft made.

20171125_100752_zpstcnonmnf.jpg

IMG_20171125_125816_167_zpsgy3luxx4.jpg

IMG_20171125_125816_164_zpsaq1w403r.jpg

Dang that's at ride hight too. Did you do anything with your trans mount out of the ordinary? Can you lower the mount, swap in something shorter?

Any idea where your caster is? You can change up the wedges to get some angle out of the pinion but you'll loose caster quick.

Replaced trans mount with me oem equivalent. Ill have to double check caster tomorrow but i remember i had to order 4* bushings when i did the duff arms. Ideally the housing needs stripped and c's turned but i have a couple rides coming up soon and a 60 almost ready in the garage.

Back