• Register Today It's free!

post oil change noises

PatrickH82

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, Ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT 4X4
I changed my oil today after running some seafoam through the engine. But ever since I changed the oil it has been idleing a little rougher then I think it shouls be, and its just kind of makeing a wierd whirling sound. Does anybody know what this could be?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Spun bearing, lifter. How long did you leave the seafoam in?

I seriously doubt that the Sea Foam harmed your engine.

I don't think it did either seeing as a ton of people on this sight have used it. I'm wondering if maybe switching from conventional to synthetic may have caused it? Or Maybe I did something wrong? I don't know but its idleing louder then what it did before the oil change. I put the seafoam in and drove maybe 10 miles in it. It was probably in my engine about an hour.

I just went out and listened to it VERY carfully and it almost sounds like something rattling. Although, there is no oil leak, the plug and filter are in snug, and no foriegn objects seem to be anywhere in the engine compartment. It sounds like 2 pieces of flimsy metal clanking together

i have an annoying vibration of metal at idle and about 1500 miles be4 my oil change i have noise from my oil under acceleration.

Is that ok? Or Do I need to have it looked at/fixed?

PatrickH82 said:
I don't think it did either seeing as a ton of people on this sight have used it. I'm wondering if maybe switching from conventional to synthetic may have caused it? Or Maybe I did something wrong? I don't know but its idleing louder then what it did before the oil change. I put the seafoam in and drove maybe 10 miles in it. It was probably in my engine about an hour.

My comment about Sea Foam was assuming that you ran it through the intake. I did not know you actually put it in the oil, a proactive I would never recommend or do,

It said it on the can lol I do not think I am going to do that again though. It is kinda pointless. My oil came out and looked the same as it usually does. You were right Aldive It is completely useless

Nothing, and I mean nothing, goes in my crankcase except synthetic oil. I have used Mobil 1 and currently use Amsoil. NEVER any additives in the oil.

Sea Foam works wonders when run through the intake.

Good luck ....

Back