Post pics of your Beam Shots (HIDs ONLY) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post pics of your Beam Shots (HIDs ONLY)

Im collecting info here and there to make an HID thread (All you need to know) type deal, and I would love to have some beam shots to post in there. Plus I think this would be a nifty thread.

Remember, HIDs only. Any gen X, any style headlights! (Stock, Diamond-Cuts, Projectors, ETC)

(If you do not want your pictures copied into another thread, simply add that to your post; not all pics will be used. Just a few.)

These were my HORRIBLE 6000k eBay HIDs, in my CCFL Halo Projectors:

Just my 10,000k fogs:
2011-01-01184243.jpg

6000k eBay HIDs before aiming:
2011-01-01184302.jpg

Both
2011-01-01184314.jpg

2011-01-01221252.jpg

2011-01-01221600.jpg

The pictures really define the glares mine had for some reason. It wasnt so choppy in person. Now I have a set of 5000k Retro-Solutions Digital HIDs, and its amazing. They still need to be aimed, which I need to figure out how, but its so much better over the eBay kit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Too blue, IMO.

also it looks like maybe they are too low? the "top edge" of the projection seems to cut off your visibility fairly close. maybe its just the picture?

The picture honestly makes them look blue. In person, theres a hint of blue, but its not bad. I would almost guess they were <8000k.

But no, thats how it was, the projecters were aimed way to low, I think this pic was the 2nd day I had them and I had to work all day.

*Pics were taken with my Samsung Epic...it takes GREAT pictures of ANYTHING besides lights, then its terrible, so many auto adjustments, and really focuses wrong.

Was wondering if anyone knew where too get clear headlights from for a good price.? As well as a push bar or grille protector.

Was wondering if anyone knew where too get clear headlights from for a good price.? As well as a push bar or grille protector.

Ebay. That's where I got mine. For the push bar, try craigslist if you don't wanna pay through the nose. Otherwise, LMC truck or JCWhitney will work just fine.

Ebay. That's where I got mine. For the push bar, try craigslist if you don't wanna pay through the nose. Otherwise, LMC truck or JCWhitney will work just fine.

Thanks. Ebay is a bit expensive for me for once this time.

MOAR beamshots, less off topic

MOAR beamshots, less off topic
Thank you!

(It'd be cool if a mod could delete the above posts, starting at Jumpmanz; I just wanna keep this thread on topic)

!Bump!

Ha, your probly right man. These RetroSol HIDs I have now improved the output pattern, best 130$ I've spent for lights!

Here's a pic after my install over a month ago. I haven't taken a pic from the driver's seat. So far I am impressed and have had only one person flash their lights at me. I have 6000k bi-xenons from VVME.

photo12.jpg

Here's a pic after my install over a month ago. I haven't taken a pic from the driver's seat. So far I am impressed and have had only one person flash their lights at me. I have 6000k bi-xenons from VVME.

Most drivers won't flash you anyways, even if you are driving around with your high beams on. How bout beamshots? Plenty of pics on this forum of what peoples headlights look like with whatever bulb in them.... they don't really tell anyone anything, aside from how good your camera is at taking pictures in odd exposures.

I would still like to see a pic of the op's beam after he adjusted it since he claims in the picture that its before he adjusted it.

Thinking about adjusting my headlights tonight

5031792262_1f02238547_z.jpg

what kind of headlights are you using? Those the projectors on your old one, or a projector retrofit into your new one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back