• Register Today It's free!

Post valve cover repair codes

mdboulier

Reaction score
City, State
atlanta, ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
I recently repaired the valve cover gaskets. I got it all back together and ....

P0201 - Fuel injector circuit condition - #1
P0205 - Fuel injector circuit condition - #5
P0171 - Fuel trim bank 1 / Bank 1 lean (probably a child code related to above)

Has anyone seen this issue before? I suspect an electrical issue with the #1 #5 fuel injectors which I had to disconnect to remove the valve cover.

Its running "OK" but certainly not as well as before the repair. Rough idle, less giddy-up.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had P1131 and P1151 and only once P0201/0171. Maybe the electrical connector didn't reconnect properly? In mine, it went away after a reset and only 1131 and 1151 remained which turned out to be leaky gaskets or EGR valve.

The folks at the local parts store were gracious enough to let me reset the codes. They came right back after the second time I cranked it up. I will check the connections on the fuel injectors.

Please let me know what you find out because mine did the same thing when i replaced valve cover gasket....Thank you
I didn't get those codes but running rough.

Got in and jiggled the appropriate fuel injector electrical connections and the problem went away. No codes, running great.

Back