Potential Explorer owner. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Potential Explorer owner.

the ole 4.0s are a good running motor that so far the people i talk to get at least 2-300 k out of them

$4000 sounds high, but a 90-day warranty is hard to come by for a truck that old. Is it a dealer warranty, ie. you have to have the work done where you bought it? If so, you really need to check this guy out to make sure his reputation is solid (BBB, etc.).

My 94 has 263,000 on original motor AND auto tranny. Nothing but normal wear and tear type maintenance (and the occasional sensor issue). :)

Mike

$4000 for a 94 that has rust and is not in really clean condition is high. The warrenty is nice, but not that nice. I will always defend the price tag mentioned for a low mileage (130K or less)rust free good running 93-94 X with 4x4 and everything working. I know some people on this site get great deals on their trucks. However, if you read into the posts many of the trucks bought by people on this site for "cheap" needed a good amount of work. i.e., "The truck was in really great shape and I only paid $1500 for it, and ALL it needed was a new tranny and xfer case!" This is not vindicative of all the posts on here for "great" deals, but a good deal of them.
Now, if you really want a nice, clean rust free 93-94 four door X in great shape with no rust and low miles with everything working perfectly for around $4000, pm me and I will send you pictures of a really nice one.;) :)

Back