Potential ST owner | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Potential ST owner

Ok, Thanks for all info. I got 4.7K off on 16 Sport. Maybe at the end I will hopefully tell them 3K off from MSRP should do it. I will keep negotiating. I hope you post a few pics with a Magnetic color, but in an shaded area. Would love to see Magnetic ST looks in the shade. All your pics were almost directly in sunlight. We will finally have a truck that will separate itself from the rest. I was waiting for this kind of change for a few years now. I am glad that you chose the ST, especially among some other models you were looks for. I think it is going to worth it, many new changes and the rear wheel drive train will be amazing.

For ***** and giggles.. I emailed the guy in NJ who was really helping me out understanding the back end pricing to see if there are any in the area (silver spruce platinum).

I'll let you know.. if I can help you out in any way, I'll definitely try. I'll try to get some pics this weekend in the shade. I'll be detailing it again this weekend and going for a day trip. I live in a State Park so I'm sure there are some scenic pics I can grab of it in the background.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For ***** and giggles.. I emailed the guy in NJ who was really helping me out understanding the back end pricing to see if there are any in the area (silver spruce platinum).

I'll let you know.. if I can help you out in any way, I'll definitely try. I'll try to get some pics this weekend in the shade. I'll be detailing it again this weekend and going for a day trip. I live in a State Park so I'm sure there are some scenic pics I can grab of it in the background.

Thanks Blwnsmoke. I still have some time for negotiations. Can't wait for those pics.

Hi, can you post the name of the NJ dealer or PM me? I’m near NJ and shopping for an ST.

If you really want to work with that dealership, you could still speak to other dealerships in order to negotiate a better deal, then come back to that original dealer for them to counter offer the other dealerships. Just a thought.

As for the Ford plan discounts:
  • X plan is friends and family type discount. -->Least discount
  • A plan is for currently employed Ford employees, which can be extended to immediate family (sometimes family beyond that). -->Best discount
  • Z plan is for retired Ford employees, same discount as A plan.
  • D plan is for dealer employees and family. --> better than X plan, not as good as A/Z plan.
Here is a link for reference.

Hi, can you post the name of the NJ dealer or PM me? I’m near NJ and shopping for an ST.

Lawrenceville Ford Lincoln. I was dealing with Alex.. SUPER NICE guy!!

A fully loaded St with a sticker price of $59,640 comes in under the A Plan at $55,056.

Have seen quite a few new Explorers on the road in the Tampa area, would be interesting to know their purchase price. One dealer in the Tampa area had 5 new Explorers on the lot ( 2 STs & 3 of the Premium ones ) on a Friday and 4 were gone by the following weekend !!
If it was Brandon Ford I bought one of those STs that are gone. Their was a Silver and Rapid Red on the back lot still waiting to checked into their system

If it was Brandon Ford I bought one of those STs that are gone. Their was a Silver and Rapid Red on the back lot still waiting to checked into their system
Ordered my Star White ST (St Pack, Tech Pack, Moonroof) from Gator Ford through the X-Plan plus a $1,250 Private Cash Offer and trade in Explorer Sport. The ST has been delivered by rail and setting in the auto yard north of the Tampa Airport. Estimated dealer delivery date next Tuesday, depending on the weather. Gator Ford has another one exact spec with a build date tomorrow, arriving Sept 22. I think I posted the price on my order status page.

List was $60,215.00, Invoice $57,821.15, X-Plan $57,864.87 The dealer will give you an invoice showing the A&Z Plan, D Plan and X Plan pricing. Dealer option to sell at Ford Plan Pricing and anyone should be able to get at least the X Plan Pricing. Also, the dealer can not charge that high dealer fee at closing.

Ordered my Star White ST (St Pack, Tech Pack, Moonroof) from Gator Ford through the X-Plan plus a $1,250 Private Cash Offer and trade in Explorer Sport. The ST has been delivered by rail and setting in the auto yard north of the Tampa Airport. Estimated dealer delivery date next Tuesday, depending on the weather. Gator Ford has another one exact spec with a build date tomorrow, arriving Sept 22. I think I posted the price on my order status page.

How did you get your 1,250 private offer? I submitted for mine. I have no clue if I have it or not. Nothing in email, nothing in mail.

How did you get your 1,250 private offer? I submitted for mine. I have no clue if I have it or not. Nothing in email, nothing in mail.
You can call Ford Customer Service and they will let you know. One was mailed, likely because I am a registered Ford owner. Before it arrived I was trying to get one to pop up on Ford.com. Tried several days, no luck. Then decided to clear all of my web cookies, history, etc and use Ford.com without logging in as an owner. Started building an ST and it pops up. Called CS after a few days and they told me I had two cash offers, both for $1,250. A few days after that, the first one showed up in the mail. I don't know if any of the actions I took resulted in the offers or just a random draw of the cards.

Is this a good deal? 2020 ST, Street Pack, Moonroof, and Tech package. Its about 1000 under invoice, best I can find at the moment for the specific color + option package im looking for.

MSRP 59520
Selling Price 56100
Is the selling price the Out the Door cost? Sales tax, doc fee, license + registration included?

BTW, I'm new to the forum. The 20' Explorer ST is the 3rd Ford vehicle that I've tested in. And I am very impressed. But I am worried about the unknown problems/reliabilities with it being a new model.

Is the selling price the Out the Door cost? Sales tax, doc fee, license + registration included?

BTW, I'm new to the forum. The 20' Explorer ST is the 3rd Ford vehicle that I've tested in. And I am very impressed. But I am worried about the unknown problems/reliabilities with it being a new model.
Welcome to the Forum.

Looking for a DEAL, check out the 2019's on the dealer lots. Amazing discounts, but I am ready for something new and different. I think the ST is just that. Year one of a new model is always a risk for more problems and recalls than year two, but some of us have to pave the way and identify the issues.

Looking for a DEAL, check out the 2019's on the dealer lots. Amazing discounts, but I am ready for something new and different. I think the ST is just that. Year one of a new model is always a risk for more problems and recalls than year two, but some of us have to pave the way and identify the issues.

There will be no major issues. Previous generation had all these worries with water pump and a bad engine design. They put in one of the best engines in the ST model and hopefully most of the recalls will be software related from now on.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Still have not pulled the trigger on a ST yet. Have driven a ST, Platinum , and a Lincoln Aviator ( Black Label ). Lincoln is very nice but not really impressed with the Black Label trim package ( $$$$$$$$ ) ! Would like to drive a non Black Label . Platinum Explorer version was ok despite the fit & trim issues that stood out . ST was awesome ( wife thoroughly enjoyed it ) . Did not notice any fit or finish issues that were on the Platinum one. I have narrowed my search down to a Tampa dealer and will now talk lease deals, and Ford deals. Don't really want to finance ( HIGH INTEREST RATES ) . Can pay cash but don't really want to. If I have to pay cash to get a good deal, so be it. Will probably order one, but not in any big hurry.
Has anyone had any issues with their ST after driving them for a while ?

Still have not pulled the trigger on a ST yet. Have driven a ST, Platinum , and a Lincoln Aviator ( Black Label ). Lincoln is very nice but not really impressed with the Black Label trim package ( $$$$$$$$ ) ! Would like to drive a non Black Label . Platinum Explorer version was ok despite the fit & trim issues that stood out . ST was awesome ( wife thoroughly enjoyed it ) . Did not notice any fit or finish issues that were on the Platinum one. I have narrowed my search down to a Tampa dealer and will now talk lease deals, and Ford deals. Don't really want to finance ( HIGH INTEREST RATES ) . Can pay cash but don't really want to. If I have to pay cash to get a good deal, so be it. Will probably order one, but not in any big hurry.
Bill, we have two ST owners in Fishhawk. One purchased at Brandon Ford and one a Gartor Ford. No problems with mine, best explorer yet! Don't forget the other local dealers in Lakeland, Plant City and Bartow. Invoice on the ST is $52,550.00, retail is $54,740.00, according to the X-Plan invoice they gave me, then add in your discounted options and shipping. Send me a conversation (PM) if you need contacts. X-Plan details are posted on this forum.

Thanks for the help gang, my wife and I got a 2020 ST for her on Friday. White, Performance, Tech, Moonroof. @blwnsmoke we almost bought one from Lawrenceville Ford in NJ, but they couldn’t/wouldn’t match the trade we were getting offered elsewhere on our 2015 MDX ($2500 lower). They did however motivate our local dealer to locate a white 2020 for us since I told them Lawrenceville had a better than X-plan price on a white ST in their inventory. Local dealer offered x-plan and the $2500 higher trade, with the new + $1000 rebate we were happy with the deal.

Impressed with the acceleration and braking so far.

E2200621-3C30-4685-B5B9-7F7078E333CD.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah, I just came back from a 240 mile trip. ST smelled like rubber. I don't know which fuel dealer filled it up with but when it was almost empty I got a 93 Octane gas and damn, It seems smoother. Maybe it is just me getting to know the transmission.

Back