• Register Today It's free!

Potential ST owner

Bill Holt

Reaction score
City, State
Brandon, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 st
I am in the process of selecting a dealer to order a 2020 ST. Any insight as what to ask for etc... one question, what is the X-Plan that Ford offers ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

X is basically the friends/neighbors/suppliers plan. It’s a fixed purchase price, usually close to invoice. Sometimes it works out well, others you can get a better deal through negotiating or dealer shopping.

By all means, shop around. I got mine in VA and I had dealers in NJ, MD, MI, IL and WI all dipping more than 50% into holdback without even negotiating.

I'm shooting for Invoice minus Holdback minus 1/2 of Floor Plan assist.

MSRP is $60,135 (Tech Package, Street Package, Bench Seat, Moon Roof).

Invoice is $58,637.

Holdback is $1804.

Floor Plan Assist is $995.

$58,637 - $1804 - $500 = $54,333

Add $199 doc fee.

Out-the-door price is $54,500 (we pay taxes separately at the DMV here in Missouri).

This will be a customer order, hence the reason I want 1/2 of the Floor Plan Assist (will be on the lot for less than 24 hours).

Total profit for the dealer will be around $700. Plus, they'll get another unit sold for the month, which might translate into a larger bonus for the dealership.

Thanks!

Floor plan assist is 1.5% of base MSRP ($54,740). For the ST, that is $821, not $995.

The dealer would have to be very aggressive and frankly do not see them even entertaining giving you floor plan. I've good friends with a few dealerships and they would laugh everyone out the door even bringing it up. You certainly should be able to go into holdback (3 were doing $500 over holdback)

Best of luck though!!

Floor plan assist is 1.5% of base MSRP ($54,740). For the ST, that is $821, not $995.

The dealer would have to be very aggressive and frankly do not see them even entertaining giving you floor plan. I've good friends with a few dealerships and they would laugh everyone out the door even bringing it up. You certainly should be able to go into holdback (3 were doing $500 over holdback)

Best of luck though!!
Question, Is there a big difference between ST AND Platinum ? beside price.

Off hand I'd say the ST would have a stiffer suspension (Unique sport-tuned independent front and rear suspension) and a little more HP and torque. With the ST you only get the Ebony interior. The Platinum has a few more features and interior colour choice.
You can do a compared on the Ford site. 2020 Ford® Explorer SUV | Compare Models | Ford.com

Peter

Hey THANKS guys for all the info. I visited my dealer today to look at the ST...very impressed. One question though....the sales guy & I tried to activate the foot sensor to open the rear access door. Would not work ! Tried it with motor running and not running...nothing. He said it may be because the vehicle had a factory installed trailer hitch. He is going to research this. Do any of you folks have any thoughts/inputs ?

Did you have the key with you ? Some times you need to do like a sweep motion.

Lol, I love sales people. So it comes with the kick activation standard and comes with the tow hitch standard but because of the tow hitch, it isnt working... :crazy:

Anyways, it does work, I did it a few times yesterday. You have to kick in and out on the left or right side of the hitch for it to activate. Id say about 4-6" on either side of dead center.

Did you have the FOB in your hand/pocket?

Did you have the key with you ? Some times you need to do like a sweep motion.
YES, the sales rep had the key. The one thing that comes to mind.......does the vehicle have to be locked ?

Lol, I love sales people. So it comes with the kick activation standard and comes with the tow hitch standard but because of the tow hitch, it isnt working... :crazy:

Anyways, it does work, I did it a few times yesterday. You have to kick in and out on the left or right side of the hitch for it to activate. Id say about 4-6" on either side of dead center.

Did you have the FOB in your hand/pocket?
Does the vehicle have to be locked ?

Was the power lift gate disabled?

B25688CF-649B-439A-83D5-D6FD3A8C2619.jpeg

Is this a good deal? 2020 ST, Street Pack, Moonroof, and Tech package. Its about 1000 under invoice, best I can find at the moment for the specific color + option package im looking for.

MSRP 59520
Selling Price 56100

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Is this a good deal? 2020 ST, Street Pack, Moonroof, and Tech package. Its about 1000 under invoice, best I can find at the moment for the specific color + option package im looking for.

MSRP 59520
Selling Price 56100

Yes, that is a very good deal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MSRP 59520
Selling Price 56100
When the time comes to do my order I would be happy to get offered this deal.

Back