Potential ST owner | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Potential ST owner

Is this a good deal? 2020 ST, Street Pack, Moonroof, and Tech package. Its about 1000 under invoice, best I can find at the moment for the specific color + option package im looking for.

MSRP 59520
Selling Price 56100

I’d throw them an offer of $55,500, including doc fee.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I’d throw them an offer of $55,500, including doc fee.
Is the $55K offer on a vehicle that is at a dealer or is going to be ordered ? I will definitely be interested to hear the outcome. Good Luck

I am in the process of selecting a dealer to order a 2020 ST. Any insight as what to ask for etc... one question, what is the X-Plan that Ford offers ?

I have purchased two Fords using the X plan, but that was some years ago. We used Fords in my business and when I wanted to purchase one for myself, our Ford supplier invited me to use the X plan and gave me a PIN number to use. The X plan, I was told, was set up to encourage Ford Executives to purchase new Fords. I could purchase any vehicle from a dealer's lot for $400 over the dealer's cost but couldn't order anything, just purchase from stock. So I went to a Ford dealer and found an Explorer i liked. The dealer had never heard of the X plan so he checked with Ford Corporate and came back with a stunned expression on his face. He offered us the Explorer for thousands of dollars less than the going rate. I bought it.

And I used the plan again a few years later. I don't know if it still exists, but it worked out really well for me.

I've also heard that major Ford dealers will match the X plan price even if you don't have a PIN if you lean on them a little bit, but I don't know if that works any more either. The current Fords I own are working well and I have no plans to replace either of them.

................And I used the plan again a few years later. I don't know if it still exists, but it worked out really well for me.
Yes it does. It's been mentioned here many times along with several other letters of the alphabet.

Peter

I am in the process of selecting a dealer to order a 2020 ST. Any insight as what to ask for etc... one question, what is the X-Plan that Ford offers ?
The X-Plan is for Ford supplier and partner companies. If you are employed by one of these types of companies your company will provide you a company code and website for detailed information, instructions and X-Plan pricing.

Is the $55K offer on a vehicle that is at a dealer or is going to be ordered ? I will definitely be interested to hear the outcome. Good Luck

This would be for a custom order, however, I'm hesitant to pull the trigger, because I'm pretty sure there will be hefty rebates in the next 6-8 months, given the $60k price tag. Sure, I can afford it, however, I just don't see a whole lot of people buying a $60k Explorer, which means Ford will be forced to introduce rebates. But that's just my assumption. Could be wrong, of course :).

This would be for a custom order, however, I'm hesitant to pull the trigger, because I'm pretty sure there will be hefty rebates in the next 6-8 months, given the $60k price tag. Sure, I can afford it, however, I just don't see a whole lot of people buying a $60k Explorer, which means Ford will be forced to introduce rebates. But that's just my assumption. Could be wrong, of course :).

I think sales are going to go through the roof. I had a hard time justifying the $8k price increase but after seeing the tech and driving it now for 800 miles, it is a FAR improvement and in my opinion, worth every penny.

You will most likely start seeing rebates in the Nov/Dec time frame but we are talking $500-$1,000 (IMO).

And I'll say it again, nobody should be paying $60k. $56-$57k is the most one should pay. If their dealer wont negotiate, find another. There is plenty out there.

Have seen quite a few new Explorers on the road in the Tampa area, would be interesting to know their purchase price. One dealer in the Tampa area had 5 new Explorers on the lot ( 2 STs & 3 of the Premium ones ) on a Friday and 4 were gone by the following weekend !!

I think sales are going to go through the roof. I had a hard time justifying the $8k price increase but after seeing the tech and driving it now for 800 miles, it is a FAR improvement and in my opinion, worth every penny.

You will most likely start seeing rebates in the Nov/Dec time frame but we are talking $500-$1,000 (IMO).

And I'll say it again, nobody should be paying $60k. $56-$57k is the most one should pay. If their dealer wont negotiate, find another. There is plenty out there.
I think we will see end of year rebates/discounts.....

Ford Employee Pricing seems to provide the best deals. It is on here now but not for the 2020 Explorer. Discounts seem to be in or around the $5k mark up here. For some reason my leases always seem to fall between that and the $1000 Costco rebate.:(

Peter

Ford Employee Pricing seems to provide the best deals. It is on here now but not for the 2020 Explorer. Discounts seem to be in or around the $5k mark up here. For some reason my leases always seem to fall between that and the $1000 Costco rebate.:(

Peter

Any idea what an ST with street pack and tech pack with A plan would be? I hadn't gotten around to asking my father, but was trying to calculate how much I want to put down on it.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I'm not familiar with all these plans. Did you read post #17? It did not mention a plan but has the Street and Tech packages. Several members have posted prices in their threads in the "Order" threads.

Peter

Any idea what an ST with street pack and tech pack with A plan would be? I hadn't gotten around to asking my father, but was trying to calculate how much I want to put down on it.

About $4,000 off MSRP.

The X-Plan is for Ford supplier and partner companies. If you are employed by one of these types of companies your company will provide you a company code and website for detailed information, instructions and X-Plan pricing.

Yeah, that is exactly what my dealer told me.

My dealer told me that there will be no deals. To be eligible for X plan you have to be employed by your job that has contract with Ford. An A plan is something new, I am looking into it.

My dealer told me that there will be no deals. To be eligible for X plan you have to be employed by your job that has contract with Ford. An A plan is something new, I am looking into it.

Unless you work for Ford (not a dealership but Ford Corp Employee) or your brother/sister/mother/father etc are employed by Ford, you will not get Aplan.

Why don't you shop around? You keep saying your dealer won't give discounts or deals yet there are literally dozens of dealers that will and they advertise the discount right on their website. Heck, you could get into holdback just by going to NJ. I could literally post multiple dealers in NH, MA, NY and NJ for you that are all discounting them. I really have no idea why you are going through the dealer you are and paying sticker.

Why don't you shop around? You keep saying your dealer won't give discounts or deals yet there are literally dozens of dealers that will and they advertise the discount right on their website. Heck, you could get into holdback just by going to NJ. I could literally post multiple dealers in NH, MA, NY and NJ for you that are all discounting them. I really have no idea why you are going through the dealer you are and paying sticker.

I already ordered mine and that is why I want to stick with the dealership that I already placed an order in late May. I would be happy to get 1,500 private offer of from MSRP. Maybe an additional 500 or 1000. I am not expecting much. I also have a trade in, so my situation is more complicated. They can rip you off, offer your 4K from MSRP but then screw you in a trade in.

Let's see what happens. People are posting about A plans and X plans. 95 percent of readers on here won't qualify for those plans as they are not family of Ford related or work for a company that Ford supports.

It's not as easy. It's not like I can walk in the dealership and get 3-4K off for an ST model. Give me 4K off from MSRP? The dealership will wait for ST customer in a week or 2 and sell it to someone else for 2K off from MSRP, someone might buy it.

I already ordered mine and that is why I want to stick with the dealership that I already placed an order in late May. I would be happy to get 1,500 private offer of from MSRP. Maybe an additional 500 or 1000. I am not expecting much. I also have a trade in, so my situation is more complicated. They can rip you off, offer your 4K from MSRP but then screw you in a trade in.

Let's see what happens. People are posting about A plans and X plans. 95 percent of readers on here won't qualify for those plans as they are not family of Ford related or don't work for a company that Ford supports.

It's not as easy. It's not like I can walk in the dealership and get 3-4K off for an ST model.

I was dealing with this dealership who was going to do $500 over holdback. They already are advertising over $2,000 off sticker without even negotiating. $500 over holdback would put them at roughly $3,000 off. You could easily get this deal.

New 2020 Ford Explorer For Sale at Lawrenceville Ford Lincoln | VIN: 1FM5K8GC7LGA01345

As far as your trade, why don't you try to sell it. The several thousand more you would get it easily pay for a rental vehicle and then some for the wait period.

Sorry, not trying to come at you.. just doesn't make sense to me why someone would be ok with paying $3,000 more for the same vehicle. I had 1 ordered in MD, 2 ordered in MI and I still went with someone else. Dealers are going to sell them to someone else with ease.

My servicing dealer has every ST at $2,300 off sticker online without any further negotiating

AutoFair Ford In Manchester | Inventory

I had one ordered through Koons, they are selling all Explorers at Invoice - Holdback (about $3,500 off sticker) except the ST. The ST they were doing $500 over holdback. You have to contact the sales manager to get it but it is just a simple email to him (His name is Tom). But off the bat they are $2,000 off MSRP.

Browse Inventory | Koons Ford Of Baltimore

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was dealing with this dealership who was going to do $500 over holdback. They already are advertising over $2,000 off sticker without even negotiating. $500 over holdback would put them at roughly $3,000 off. You could easily get this deal.

New 2020 Ford Explorer For Sale at Lawrenceville Ford Lincoln | VIN: 1FM5K8GC7LGA01345

As far as your trade, why don't you try to sell it. The several thousand more you would get it easily pay for a rental vehicle and then some for the wait period.

Sorry, not trying to come at you.. just doesn't make sense to me why someone would be ok with paying $3,000 more for the same vehicle. I had 1 ordered in MD, 2 ordered in MI and I still went with someone else. Dealers are going to sell them to someone else with ease.

My servicing dealer has every ST at $2,300 off sticker online without any further negotiating

AutoFair Ford In Manchester | Inventory

I had one ordered through Koons, they are selling all Explorers at Invoice - Holdback (about $3,500 off sticker) except the ST. The ST they were doing $500 over holdback. You have to contact the sales manager to get it but it is just a simple email to him (His name is Tom). But off the bat they are $2,000 off MSRP.

Browse Inventory | Koons Ford Of Baltimore

Ok, Thanks for all info. I got 4.7K off on 16 Sport. Maybe at the end I will hopefully tell them 3K off from MSRP should do it. I will keep negotiating. I hope you post a few pics with a Magnetic color, but in an shaded area. Would love to see Magnetic ST looks in the shade. All your pics were almost directly in sunlight. We will finally have a truck that will separate itself from the rest. I was waiting for this kind of change for a few years now. I am glad that you chose the ST, especially among some other models you were looks for. I think it is going to worth it, many new changes and the rear wheel drive train will be amazing.

Back