• Register Today It's free!

Power Door Lock-Driver Side

Glock23

Reaction score
City, State
Shelbyville,Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xlt
2000 xlt. auto trans. 4x4 Fulltime auto type. My problem is with the driver side lock mechanism only. all others work well. i have key fob and door key pad operated locks. The door currently remans in the unlocked position, and will close and latch, then open with the door handle. It will not lock or unlock with any of the electronics, or even the key. i know the solenoid is trying to operate , when lock or unlock is pressed on fob because i can see it trying to move ever so slightly. but it will not move or operate the door latch mechanism. Seems the locks push button stem on the inside of door does not move very far, not like the other locks anyway. A ny suggestions what to do or look for before i have my x laying all over the driveway?

Common problem. Search the site a bit.
I had a body shop replace the door actuator. I think it was $180 or so. The part is about $90, but the learning curve is pretty steep. From what I remember on the site (and what the shop guys reinforced), the first time you take apart the door/motor/actuator and replace, it will take a good two hours. The second time half that, and every time after that maybe 20 minutes. But how many times will this really happen to you? Your call on spending time versus a little money.....
Karl

Back