Power door lock problem. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power door lock problem.

ronhav1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac
I have a 2007 Sport Trac and the power door locks work fine with the FOB, but the power lock buttons on both the driver and passenger doors wont lock the locks, the open works fine on both doors. Anyone ever seen this before or know about a fix

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum! It sounds as if a relay is bad. I'm not positive but i would think ford installed the fob on a separate circuit from the normal power door lock switches.

welcome

Thanks for the input. Yesterday when I got home I flexed the accordian wire duct coming out of the drivers door and the door lock switches started working. After closing the door then opening it again they quit working. Looks as though a wire is broken in the wire duct.Soon as the weather here in Pittsburgh breaks alittle I'll have to figure out how to get the accordian wire duct off so I can fix the wire. Snowing today.

That is a common problem on Gen 1 Sport Tracs. Looks like Ford would have done something to fix it on the Gen2's !

i'm not sure what could be the problem but I have an 07 with no problems yet (knocking on wood)

Back