• Register Today It's free!

Power door locks out of sync

Thallarsen

Reaction score
City, State
Potomac, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 5.0 Limited AWD
My door locks are out of sync. Earlier today it was all but the driver's door that were working properly, but after messing with the drivers & passenger front doors, now only the back locks work. I know that there's power going to both front doors and the motors are working properly, they're just locking when they should be unlocking.
I recall reading somewhere how to get all 4 doors back in sync, but I can't seem to find it in the owners manual, or via a search for 'lock sync' or 'lock sequence'.
Any help would be appreciated.
J.P.

Corrected itself!!

Last night I had to manually lock the front doors, even though the back doors were cycling properly.
This morning I used my remote to unlock, and the driver's door unlocked (like it should). Another click and all unlocked (like they should). Out of curiosity I pressed lock on the remote, and all locked!
I have absolutely no idea as to how the locking system 'corrected itself' but all is back to normal. Maybe this car just likes me.
People can say what they want about Fords, but this has been one of the most trouble-free & best vehicles for the money that I've owned - far better than my wife's Honda Odyssey if you can believe that. :D

Back