Power fold buttons | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power fold buttons

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After posting yesterday concerning this issue I went out and looked at my late production 2012. I have the new style switch housing as posted by VinceL on his 2013. Although mine is not lite. Must say I am a little underwhelmed at this modification since I have accidentally activated my seats several times. Not sure how much thought Ford put into this before making the change. Maybe they should have asked for customer feedback!!

Wow thats a very subtle change....I just checked mine and the ends of the switch protective lip are flush with the switches but the top and bottom are not. Im guessing this new design is actually higher then the switches.

I asked the Explorer Platform Electrical Engineer about swapping out my 11MY switch pack for the 13MY and he said they ran a separate power wire for the switches.

So I suggested taking power off the cig lighter right next to it.

Can anyone with a 13MY take a picture of the newer switch pack pulled out exposing the wires so we can confirm.

Only upon penalty of death at the hands of my wife! :D

Ok the 3rd row switchpak pops out easy with fingernail pressure so here is the wiring on the stock 2011 1st generation switchpak. Someone with a 2013 please take a pic so we can compare as I would like to have backlit 2013 switchpak.

IMG_1090.jpg

Looks like the switchpak part number is BB5T-14B 178-AAW

Anyone with a 13 Ex please take a picture, it pops out very easy.

Someone at a dealership maybe.

Ok the 3rd row switchpak pops out easy with fingernail pressure so here is the wiring on the stock 2011 1st generation switchpak. Someone with a 2013 please take a pic so we can compare as I would like to have backlit 2013 switchpak.

I took a look at the wiring in my 2013...it is:

GREEN - BLACK
GRAY - YELLOW
WHITE - n/a
n/a - ORANGE

EDIT: Connector looks the same as the one in the pic in this thread

Thanks I will try and get one to test then if the connector looks the same

Back