Power Inverters effect on gas mileage? Severe? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power Inverters effect on gas mileage? Severe?

protomind

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Limited Edition
I have a power inverter running a laptop and a cell phone while driving how much should this effect my MPG?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It should effect your MPG at all. I have a 400 watt connected in my DD with a laptop ram mount plus a mobile printer. No problems whatsoever

Awesome, that is what I was hoping. On a side note, what about the AC running? A mile or two?

With the AC, you'll notice a slight decease since the AC compressor will be running.

Since we are on the subject, does anyone know how much my visor effects my mileage at lets say 70mph ?

Since we are on the subject, does anyone know how much my visor effects my mileage at lets say 70mph ?

I assume your talking about one that protrudes over the windshield from the roof of the car.

I'd say at constant highway speed it probly drags quite a bit. Maybe 1-2 mpg.
Though I have no evidence. :dunno:

I will tell you guys when I get mine installed, do before and after highway runs on the same stretch of road.

Back