Power lock not working | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Power lock not working

amwhitt1

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh
Year, Model & Trim Level
When the door lock/unlock buttons get pushed - either on the driver's side or passenger side, all the locks except the driver's door work correctly. For the driver's door, the lock neither goes up nor down. It makes a really loud noise like it's getting power but can't do anything to the lock. I can lock or unlock the door from the outside with the key.

Thanks to this website, we've fixed a transmission problem and repaired both front power windows this weekend!

<

Donner

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Natomas/Irvine
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sp 03 XLT 4x4s, Scion
When did the problem start?

When the door lock/unlock buttons get pushed - either on the driver's side or passenger side, all the locks except the driver's door work correctly. For the driver's door, the lock neither goes up nor down. It makes a really loud noise like it's getting power but can't do anything to the lock. I can lock or unlock the door from the outside with the key.

Thanks to this website, we've fixed a transmission problem and repaired both front power windows this weekend!

Did this issue begin before or after the power window was repaired? Thanks.

<

amwhitt1

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh
Year, Model & Trim Level
My daughter says that the door lock problem has been going on for a long time. The window not rolling down happened later.

With the door panel off it feels like the door lock thing is kind of loose in the door, too.

<

amwhitt1

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh
Year, Model & Trim Level
We had to put a new door lock actuator in and now it works fine. Thanks

<