• Register Today It's free!

Power Mirrors

2KExplorerSport

Reaction score
City, State
New Paltz, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
My power mirrors don't seem to be working. I checked all the fuses in the truck and they are all fine. I went to my local pick-n-pull and got another switch, but still nothing. I suppose it could have been a bad switch to begin with and I was lucky enough to pick another bad one? Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I find myself in the same boat.. My power mirrors are not working and the fuses are good. I find it hard to believe that both mirrors went bad at the sametime, so I check the switch for voltages. Nothing. And of course the chiltons does not show the power mirrors in the wiring diagrams... :rolleyes:

Did you get yours working? Looks like no one had any help, or they pm'd you.

Just a thought, I would check for corroded and loose connections inside the mirror housing, as they are exposed to the elements.

I find it hard to believe that both mirrors went bad at the sametime, so I check the switch for voltages. Nothing.

I got the wiring diagram from a local dealership. The wire from the fuse box goes straight to the switch, through like 3 connections. I then tapped the hot wire from the power windows switch to the (supposed to be hot) power wire on the mirror switch connection and the mirrors both work.

Bottom line, is the wire coming from the fuse box to the mirror switch must have a break.. guess I'll look into that another day, as I have to get the kids dinner and get ready for work... never enough time lol

Thanks for the replies!!

most likely a break in the O/LG wire coming thru the door post / along the door post....much like all the "dead window", "dead door lock" problems.

I'll have to check that out when I have a little time this weekend. I'll let you know how I make out.

Back