• Register Today It's free!

Power Seat and Door Problems

Skydmark1

Reaction score
City, State
New Hampshire
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Mountaineer
I searched and Searched but could not find an answer to my problem. I have a 98 Explorer Sport with Power Cloth Drivers seat with power/air lumbar support. The Pass. side also has the power lumbar. The power seat on the Drivers side does nothing.....no sounds, no movement, lumbar doesn't work. The passenger side also does nothing when you try to adjust the lumbar....no sounds or anything. So my first thought was fuse.....fuses are good (plus it's the same fuse as the power windows and those work) I checked both the interior fuse and the fuse under the power distribution box....both are fine as I stated. All connections inside under the seats seem secure.

I'm at a total loss here, anyone have any insight to offer. Where do I go next? :(

Thanks

UPDATE - Just went and checked my door locks....they also do absolutely nothing. When I use the Remote I get nothing as well....unless I hit lock twice then the horn honks so I know the remote itself is working.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you check your fuse with a meter? Looking at fuse is like looking at a woman. She might look OK but when it comes down to IT, she ain't any good...:).

HA, good advice......no I'll pull them and check em with a meter thanks for the tip....will repost when I get a chance to check

Once you get your meter out on the fuses, you might as well use it at the seat controls and check for voltage there. With that, you basically have checked most of the power circuit for the seat.

recall

There Is A Recall On The Seats

well, hopefully that meter is doing something for you.... your updated "observations" point to a common power problem in the power distribution box which I am sure you checked with your meter right...:)

Hey fixed my problem...it was kinda stupid. I was concentrating so much on the seats not working that i neglected the power locks. When I went to pull the fuse that controls the power locks......it wasn't there. I popped one in and low and behold the locks AND seats work. So if anyone has problems with thier seats be sure to check out your power locks too....HAHA

Thanks for the help anyway.

Back