• Register Today It's free!

Power seat fuse keeps blowing

ROBinGa

Reaction score
City, State
Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer XLT 4x4 4.6
The driver's seat fuse keeps blowing on our 2003 XLT. It's a 30amp fuse and twice now the replacement has blown. I took the seat out completely a few months ago to replace the seat cushion and bottom cover and had to undo both the power and SRS connectors to do that. I'm sure they are back securely and completely. When the new fuse is put in it works fine in all directions but has blown eventually. Two I chalked up to just chance but now we are on the third and it's got to be something wrong.

I've repaired broken wire under the driver side carpet. May be chafing there. Also, driver door hinge under harness boot is common for wires to break. I believe power seat wires run thru that area too.

Hmmm I thought about that door wire breaking thing but why would the power seat wire be sent out to the door? I would hope it comes from fuse block area under dash then down to floor under carpet. Having said that I will try to trace it. Funny thing is power seat works after changing fuse and stays good for some amount of time but then blows

Back