Power seat track motors, R&R? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power seat track motors, R&R?

thanks guys, i fiddled around with it a couple days ago and noticed that where the seat belt clips into restricts the forward movement at the certain point. With me holding it more up right the seats slides all the way forward:thumbsup: albeit pretty slow. I decided to remove the chair to see if i can find the problem and also in preparation for my tcase swap !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Gang
I purchased the motors from an ebay store for $50.00. I added a link below as well as the sellers ebay name.
They were new and at the end of the day I should have bought them from this seller in the first place.
I went to the local "you pull it" twice and found motors in an old 97 explorer. I went for passenger side motors because I agreed that they would have had less use than the driver side motors . (Still good advice, found here in this forum) Unfortunately for me 25 bucks later and a chunk of skin ripped off my hand , returned twice with still no working motors and no refund from the "pull it yard" but a credit I'll most likely use in the future.
I finally decided to look for new ones and found this great store on ebay. They were really helpful and answered my email questions quickly and when I finally bought the motors from them, they must have shipped them instantly as I got them within 3 days..
It was $50 for the motors and $17 for the shipping.
If the link below does not work I just typed in " explorer seat motor " in the ebay search and also came to a couple of people selling the motors. As of Sunday February 5th 2012 at 8:50 a.m Eastern time he is showing 21 available.
I hope this helps
Tony

http://stores.ebay.com/alphaautomotiveinc

Ebay user name wwilliams623

That's the same seller I linked to. Wade is great to deal with, yes and quick too.

Well guys, I completed the motor swap on my non-memory track. Its was a pain to swap that motor around. I did take pictures of the process and the harness and the module. I will work on getting the pictures up tomorrow.

Sorry for the grainy photos. I had to use my phone because my camera had no batteries.

So what I did was convert an XLT explorer leather seat to memory for my 98 limited. The limited seats were in bad condition and the memory seat track was broken from the accident that this donor truck was in.

First I removed the seat track from the seat, 4 10mm bolts hold it on.

423495_2954940865410_1018094721_2847283_62484867_n.jpg

There are 4 holes on the sides of the track you must move the motor to the right position to have access to the 4 t30s

417116_2954943225469_1018094721_2847286_1551135120_n.jpg

430189_2954945425524_1018094721_2847287_1209176372_n.jpg

Two 11mm bolts hold the risers in place remove those and the motor will come off the track.

425537_2954947985588_1018094721_2847288_1585192701_n.jpg

404462_2954949545627_1018094721_2847289_2126981648_n.jpg

Also you will need to change out the wiring harness and add the memory seat module

430307_2954951265670_1018094721_2847290_1284611872_n.jpg

the XLT seat did not have the bracket on the frame to mount the module so I just zip tied it in place.

419196_2954952705706_1018094721_2847291_1494101493_n.jpg

Assembled in the reverse order.

Good work Kris, and thanks for the pictures.

I've been researching other vehicle memory seat parts too. I found that most late 90's or newer cars also include memory functions for the mirrors, and some mirrors are auto-dimming. I'm playing with a 98 continental mirror to see if it can go in my 91 Lincoln Mark VII. I'm going to add the memory seat module to that car, so if the mirrors would swap I can gain those features at the same time.

Good work Kris, and thanks for the pictures.

I've been researching other vehicle memory seat parts too. I found that most late 90's or newer cars also include memory functions for the mirrors, and some mirrors are auto-dimming. I'm playing with a 98 continental mirror to see if it can go in my 91 Lincoln Mark VII. I'm going to add the memory seat module to that car, so if the mirrors would swap I can gain those features at the same time.

something to add here, dont know if it is helpful or not...

While running the 2000 limited seat through its diag command tests on the NGS, i noticed that there are mirror commands built into the programming of the driver seat module. whether or not adding wires to the corresponding pins would do anything is anyone's guess, but alas, the programming is there. The second problem is finding out a away to convert explorer mirrors to memory ones (with the internal motors and sensors)

something to add here, dont know if it is helpful or not...

While running the 2000 limited seat through its diag command tests on the NGS, i noticed that there are mirror commands built into the programming of the driver seat module. whether or not adding wires to the corresponding pins would do anything is anyone's guess, but alas, the programming is there. The second problem is finding out a away to convert explorer mirrors to memory ones (with the internal motors and sensors)

Did you find that the memory seat module has functions in it for the mirrors? I'm playing with the idea of my Mark VII mirrors along with the seat.

I think the winning horse will be with 99-02 expedition/navigator parts. The driver seat module in that vehicle is identical to 99-01 explorer limited seats. the difference is in the number of wires, yet all 4 connectors that connect to the seat module are the same. I just picked up a set of memory mirrors from an 01 expedition and will tear into it to see if the motors are interchangeable with explorer side mirror motors

Interesting to think about, I also got a mirror from a 98 Town Car to check out. I can't see using the whole mirror for my Mark, but the guts may be able to swap, if the glass portion would fit.

Keep in mind whether the different components will work with any of the others. My Mark has an older design of materials, so the possibilities are very slim. But the trucks(Explorer/Expedition) will be virtually the same designs etc, just differing shapes. I'd like to add mirror features too if those could work.

The auto dimming feature of the later mirrors is more important to me, to lessen glare from the sides in traffic. The Town Cars and Continentals have that as an option, I don't know what other models might have it.

Hi some body can tell me how to find this shift that connects the motor with the runners on the Ford

Inked99Limitedseat track2_LI2.jpg

Those are short flexible shafts that should be on any 2nd gen Explorer power seat track. They are not special other than the length really. They just slip into each assembly, the motor and the end gearing parts. Many other vehicles likely use the same parts, but getting them from the same type of track you have is the best way to be sure you get the right match. What happened to yours, those basically don't wear out?

Those are short flexible shafts that should be on any 2nd gen Explorer power seat track. They are not special other than the length really. They just slip into each assembly, the motor and the end gearing parts. Many other vehicles likely use the same parts, but getting them from the same type of track you have is the best way to be sure you get the right match. What happened to yours, those basically don't wear out?
at first the seat was pulled from one side (with difficulty) and now the motor turns and the seat does not move. I'm not from America and I'm looking to buy online. here they told me to change the chair. the car is brought from America and the seat from the models in the local market are not suitable.

It sounds like something has impacted your seat, and fixing it will be about figuring out which parts are hurt or bent. I'd take the motor assembly out and see how the various parts look. Those short shafts may be okay, and something else might be hurt that isn't obvious with it all assembled.

The model and 2dr/4dr etc, may affect which seat track you can use, or hunt parts from. The 91-01+ seats can swap, even the tracks, but swapping parts will usually require matching the type/model of seats. So which model is your seat from?

The one pictured above is the same for all 2001 4dr Explorers, down to about 1996 or so. Ford prior had steel seat tracks, no aluminum in them. From when they changed to AL, the seat motors will swap between them all, while the structure of the seat track will differ for 2dr Sport models. Tracks from 01+ Sports or Sport Tracs may have the same components in them, but I don't know about those at all.

The seats can be swapped separately from tons of vehicles, the four mounting bolts often use the same bolt patterns.

У меня есть ford 1FMEU74887UA44538 и мой мотор для водителя Seat Adjuster (для продвижения вперед и назад) он сломан. Я не могу найти код запаса или код части / Ined его для покупки этой части. Вы можете мне помочь?
[QUOTE = "drkukuy, post: 3666137, участник: 330549"] Привет, какой-то орган может сказать мне, как найти этот сдвиг, который соединяет мотор с бегунами на Ford

[ATTACH = полный] 152539 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]
У меня есть ford 1FMEU74887UA44538 и мой мотор для водителя Seat Adjuster (для продвижения вперед и назад) он сломан. Я не могу найти код запаса или код части / Ined его для покупки этой части. Вы можете мне помочь?

[QUOTE = "drkukuy, post: 3666137, участник: 330549"] Привет, какой-то орган может сказать мне, как найти этот сдвиг, который соединяет мотор с бегунами на Ford

[ATTACH = полный] 152539 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]

Translation:
New
I have a ford 1FMEU74887UA44538 and my motor for the Seat Adjuster driver (for moving forward and backward) it's broken. I can not find the stock code or part code / Ined it for buying this part. Could you help me?
[QUOTE = "drkukuy, post: 3666137, member: 330549"] Hi, some body can tell me how to find this shift that connects the motor with runners to Ford

[ATTACH = Complete] 152539 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]
I have a ford 1FMEU74887UA44538 and my motor for the Seat Adjuster driver (for moving forward and backward) it's broken. I can not find the stock code or part code / Ined it for buying this part. Could you help me?

can it be removed easily? Im going to JY this week and I know of Ex that has its seats pulled, I can check or pull the part...

The seat motors are an assembly, group of three for each seat.

drkukuy didn't mention which model he has, but hopefully he has the matching 98-01's like the seat track I pictured. Any of those tracks with the aluminum frame(prior years had all steel frames), will work for his seat track. The right side(used less) seat tracks use the same motor sets, except the Limited left of course is unique. So he should be after a decent 98-01 right seat motor set, I'm guessing.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?members/drkukuy.330549/

Back