Power Steering Fluid Resevoir 2005 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power Steering Fluid Resevoir 2005 Explorer

exileditachi

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 XLT
Hi, I would like to know where I can add power steering fluid? I can't seem to find the Reservoir. I'm retarded when it comes to cars/trucks/vehicles. My X is making a weird humming noise, even more noise when I turn the steering wheel. When I got my last oil change they suggested I got the power steering fluid flushed but I assumed they were just trying to milk me for more money like usual so I didn't pay it any mind. Any ideas what the problem could be? If possible could someone show me in a picture of where I should add fluid if necessary lol Its a 2005 Explorer 4x4 v8

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm sure someone on here knows where I add power steering fluid. Please help

I'm sure someone on here knows where I add power steering fluid. Please help

Well, it's usually on the front of the engine, and also is driven by the serpentine belt.

I don't have a 2005, I have a 1997, and a V6 at that, but it's a smallish, round pump on the drivers-side of the engine, lower down than the battery, (which it's mounted near).

Follow the serpentine belt and tick off what it 'ain't'. It should also have a couple of hoses coming to it. I don't think there's a separate reservoir - it's just in the pump.

It has a small, plastic fill cap that just twists off.

Mike Y
Dallas, Texas

?IMG=CAB50FOS101D0104.jpg

Is is the white looking container up front next to the battery. NOT the one in the back by the firewall. One closest to the radiator.

Back