• Register Today It's free!

Power steering fluid.

HopeMelissa

Reaction score
City, State
Pueblo, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Aerostar
I have a 1991 Ford Aerostar. I am having an issue with the power steering. I don't have an owners manner. What type of power steering fluid do I use? Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thank you. HopeMelissa:)

Welcome to this forum! Any basic type of power steering fluid will work in your van. I have some PDFs of owner's manuals for other years than yours. You might be able to use them anyway. Send me your email address if you want me to email them to you. By the way, if you're losing power steering fluid on a regular basis, check to see where the leak is coming from. Lucas for power steering works on minor leaks.

also go to any Autozone and buy a bottle of STP or Prestone power steering fluid with Anti-Leak.

if you are having to add power steering fluid regularly, then the power steering Pump, or the Steering Rack, or a power steering hose, or a hose fitting is leaking. Also if you do not know the last time the power steering pump CAP was replaced, get a new one at Autozone, they don't last long.

do not add fluid or replace the cap with the engine running, it is very dangerous to get your hands in there.

Back