Power steering pressure line for SAS?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power steering pressure line for SAS??

newstylecustoms

Reaction score
City, State
Clayton, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
199 Explorer Sport
I need help with the power steering pressure line. I have installed a 1994 steering gear and my truck is a 1999 with the SOHC 4.0. I bought a 1994 pressure hose but I cannot make it work, to long and the steering gear end just won't line up right.

Anyone have a part number or vehicle that I could make one work from? I really don't have time to go have a custom hose made but I will if I have to.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No one has done this? Please help if anyone knows, I have looked through the sas swap threads and not found the info I need.

I can't help but you may have better luck if this is moved to the offroad fabrication subforum. Hope for a speedy resolution.

I did get a PM reply from someone saying he used the stock line. I think I will have to try the 94 line again since I cannot find any info on making a custom one either. I have ordered 4 lines from Autozone and none will work.

did you change to the old style pump too ??
could be why finding the hose is a no go,, i believe you have to use the 1st gen pump as well

The fittings are the same on both pumps, the problem is all the bends in the other end of the hose. I tried to straighten the bends but ruined the hose. I may buy another and try again.

bump, im curious what you ended up doing. hopefully the info can help others out.

I am looking for info on the same thing, (power steering line for sas) but I have a 5.0

bump, im curious what you ended up doing. hopefully the info can help others out.

I am looking for info on the same thing, (power steering line for sas) but I have a 5.0

It has been so long I really don't remember exactly what line I used. I think it was a factory line for 94 Explorer. I do remember that the routing is not ideal and I had to tie back to keep from hitting the cooling fan. But it has worked fine for years now. I drive it everyday.

Back