Power Trax lock rite Locker for dana 35 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power Trax lock rite Locker for dana 35

mhaller69

Reaction score
City, State
Bastrop Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT 4wd
I am considering putting a Power Trax lock rite locker in my Dana 35 TTB on my 94 Explorer. Local 4 wheel shop says I will have reliablity issues as this is a daily driven ride. Anybody?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you will have turning issues in 4x4.manual hub locks helps.also might want to look at aussie,same thing just way cheaper.its said that they stopped making it but it still list on there web page.

I just got my Aussie in the mail like 2 weeks ago, so they still make them. Won't affect the DD'ing at all. Cheaper and apparently better than the other choices.

Still haven't installed mine. Got the rear in though... it's sweet.

yea how is that aussie in the rear?can you say make a right hand turn from a stop sign on a two lane road onto a two lane road,without the tires lighting up?

I have had absolutely no problems with tire chirp or breaking loose. It is stated over and over again on the Aussie instructions and with any Auto Locker... don't accelerate hard around corners. They should just say "drive like your 40, not 18"

I'm somewhere in the middle, so I've kinda lost the need to gun it around corners. I went and turned in circles in the parking lot and I could hear it clicking but I have never even noticed it on the street.

cool that's all I was worried about,just didnt want it breaking loose for no reason:)

The aussie locker is the best lunchbox locker. Also, as everyone else said, installing a locker in the front will do nothing to your daily driving. Once you hit the 4x4 button and lock your hubs, though, thats when the fun starts.

The highway is where I notice my rear lockers the most. If you or the cruise backs out enough the rear locker will release. Then when you or the cruise aply power it will lock up again. I get a wiggle. Lots of folks have trouble getting used to that.

It won't break loose for no reason if it is working correctly. It will break loose but there is a reason and you will figure it out.

What I do: Light or no throttle going around a corner. On the highway or at speed learn to back out just a little so you don't unlock it. If it's a stick use the clutch a bit faster when you lift off the skinny pedal all the way.

As was said with the lock outs disconected there is nothing in 2wd. I have run the passangers side locked with the drivers unlocked. That makes for easier turns till ya get to the tough stuff then just jump out and lock the drivers side in. If both are locked in ya kin play a bit with on then back all the way of the trottle and then quickly back on to help it turn.

Back