• Register Today It's free!

Power window problems.

bygawdtexan

Reaction score
City, State
new boston, tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 4x4
I got a lot of info here to fix power window problems. The main problem is the lil crappy rubber cams that get ate up. A 1/2" o.d. piece of copper tubing, 3/8" long will slide right in the slot. you will have to slightly eggshell the tubing,, but it works fantastic.

You can also use a certain kind of hex nut to fix it, but from what I've read that will cause the gears to wear instead of the bushing. From what I gather if you use metal in place of the bushing it will cause the gears to fail next time instead of the bushings, and I guess those are expensive and not easily replaced?

So far mine work perfectly so I don't know first hand. Just food for thought, my current thinking is it's better to just use the plastic bushings if you can find them because they maybe weak, and they may fail after a number of years, but they are cheap. And as easy to access and any other part of the motor from what I gather...

Of course copper is soft by nature, and copper tubing is flexible, so of the non-plastic idea's so far I would think this would work the best... hmmm.... let us know how this works out for you in the long run!!

Back