power window runs backwards | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

power window runs backwards

ol_ben

Reaction score
Hi All,

About 9 months ago I replaced the nylon pucks in the driver side power window. It worked fine for a while, then would go down but not always up.
I could continually manipulate the switch and eventually the window would go up. It got bad enough that I would avoid using the window at all.

4 days ago I forgot and started the window down. I could not get the window to go up no matter how I manipulated the switch. Today was a pleasant day so I removed and disassembled the motor. I found many remnants of the original nylon pucks all in the gear housing. there was so much I could not imagine the motor running at all.

I cleaned out the pieces and reassembled the motor. After installing the motor it now works fine except the up switch sends the window down and the down switch sends the window up. I now have an "auto up" feature. The only thing I can think of is that the outer casing of the motor(the part with the magnets) could be installed 2 different ways.

Would installing this the opposite way from original cause this "backward" operation ?

I will have to wait for another nice day take the motor back out.

Thanks,
Ben

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hope it flies & runs on Mr. Fusion! lol

I guess my dislexic kept me from typing 2012.

I got $200.00 trade - in for '92 sport. It covered the "processing" charge - something the the dealers made up to gouge more money from the public.

-Ben

I guess my dislexic kept me from typing 2012.

I got $200.00 trade - in for '92 sport. It covered the "processing" charge - something the the dealers made up to gouge more money from the public.

-Ben
I was selling cars back when they invented that
Every time I buy a car when we have agreed to a price I refuse to pay that
I havent paid it yet
It would be worth more than $200 to me to have a running vehicle around

Back