• Register Today It's free!

Power Window

donjen

Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Ranger 4X4
94 Ranger 4X4 The passenger side power window does not work from either switch. The driver side is fine. I do not hear the motor running. Thanks in Advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry wrong thread.

Last edited:

94 Ranger 4X4 The passenger side power window does not work from either switch. The driver side is fine. I do not hear the motor running. Thanks in Advance.

Same problem here. Just stopped working today... When using the switch, lights dim and voltmeter moves. I figure short in the motor.

Here are the instructions:

1 Raise the window fully if possible. If not, you will have to support the window during this procedure. Disconnect the battery ground.

2 Remove the door trim panel. On a 1991-1994 there are three screws, two above the door handle and one in the corner. You also have to pry out the switch cluster using a screwdriver.

3 Disconnect the window motor wiring harness.

4 There may be a drill dimple in the door panel, opposite the concealed motor retaining bolt. Drill out the dimple to gain access to the bolt. Be careful to avoid damage to the wires.

5 Remove the motor mounting bolts (front door) or rivets(rear door).

6 Push the motor towards the outside of the door to disengage it from the gears. You'll have to support the window glass once the motor is disengaged.

7 Remove the motor from the door.

well, look at that

Well, what do ya know, I took the door apart, tested the motor and it was fine.

I then lubed the window regulator (which is the scissor-like thing inside the door that actually lifts the window) and the tracks and everything else in there that moves, and the window is working.

Happy about saving the $50 for the new motor :)

Back