Power Windows and Radio quit working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power Windows and Radio quit working

fearofclownsband

Reaction score
City, State
Peoria, Il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
On my 2003 Explorer. Have checked all fuses and even replaced power window 30a mega fuse. Still nothing. Any clues on what this could be or how to fix??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

check the wires inbetween the door and the truck. their is a rubber boot. their have been alot of electrical problems that can be traced back to a bad ground wire in the door eh

check the delayed accessory fuse. I think there is one under the hood and dash.
Windows and radio are delayed accessories as they stay on after the key is removed until the timeout or door is open.
Do the interior dome lights work as they are on the same delayed circuit.

Unfortunately this is a rather common issue ( the windows, that is ).

I have the same issue going on my '99 and have not been able to fix.

Good luck ....

check the delayed accessory fuse. I think there is one under the hood and dash.
Windows and radio are delayed accessories as they stay on after the key is removed until the timeout or door is open.
Do the interior dome lights work as they are on the same delayed circuit.

I was thinking the same thing about the windows and radio both being on the delayed accessory relay. I would start by swapping in a known good relay.

I believe the interior lamps are on the battery saver relay, so they would not be affected.

On my 2003 Explorer the radio still works, as do the front windows. All power locks work fine. The PS rear window usualy (but not always) works, and the DS rear hasn't worked in a while. For a brief time a year or so ago the DS rear worked fine and the PS rear stopped completely (luckily while up). Now it's the opposite...

WTH???

I have a weird issue that might be kind of similar - turn my 2002 explorer off and the dome light will come on, but doesn't go off automatically after time. The delayed accessories work. The only way to turn the dome light off is turn the dimmer all the way down until it clicks. If I do this, none of the delayed accessories will work anymore when turning the car off.

Also, my remote was doing all kinds of crazy stuff, hitting the unlock door button, or the rear open button for example, will intermittendly act like the panic button and make the horn go crazy. This doesn't happen if the light dimmer is completely turned down.

Is my problem the delayed accessory or other fuse?

Back