Power Windows not working, wiring is all fine | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power Windows not working, wiring is all fine

wavytdawg

Reaction score
City, State
Immokalee, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer XLT
I’m having trouble with my explorer where my windows don’t go up. Checked all the wiring and it’s all good, the doors still lock and unlock and all the switches are getting power but only the window controls are not working. any tips on what it could be?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check this thread:

Did you check the wires in the door boot

My next step would be to check relays under the dash
Black box behind the radio drivers side

Check the main power wire and ground wire, at the master switch, the backside. Find the blue/black wire, and the big solid black wire where they go into the switch. Test those, all window motor power goes through both of those at all times. If either of those is not right, nothing will work well. That blue/black wire is the common one found broken in the door jamb.

If nothing moves, you can hot wire power to the blue/black wire connection on the back of the master switch etc. The switches have to be plugged in to function.

You can hot wire each motor pair of wires to test each. At this age most window motors need new plastic pucks, three parts easy to change and re-grease.

Back