Power Windows Won't Work! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power Windows Won't Work!

chrisluke50

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
:mad:
I was driving my 96 Explorer a few days ago, and all out of nowhere, the power windows quit working. I've checked all the fuses and none are blown, all the door switches except the window switches are working. It's not just the driver's door, it's all the doors, you hear nothing when the buttons are pressed, I could swear it's a fuse problem, but they are all good, and this is pissin me off. Anybody have a similar situation with a fix?

I've searched the forum and found out that theres a relay under the dash that will solve the problem, the post that I've found said it was the largest of the relays, what is this relay called and maybe a picture if possible.

I have wiring diagram for a 98. Probably the same. There are 2 relays that could be suspect. One is the "Battery Saver Relay". The other is the "ACCY Delay Relay". I don't have their locations handy but the owners manual show show them.

Check blue/black wire going at master switch for power with igntion turned on. Work your way back this wire toward relay. This wire can break in the bundle of wires going from door post to door.

Back