power windows | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

power windows

articfan2002

Reaction score
My power windows just stopped working. I found that when I open the door they work fine. However when the doors are closed they do not work? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Assuming this is the driver's door switch... Do the windows work regardless if the driver door is open or shut, using a different door's switch?
The driver door has a rubber gasket that wires run through from the engine compartment to the door which includes power for the window switch/motor, keyless entry pad, power mirrors, etc. Check the wires inside this rubber gasket, guarentee you there are some wires snapped from pressure.

When you open the door the snapped wires may touch and make a connection, when you close it they will separate and you will lose power to certain electronics in the driver door

check the boot in the door jam of the drivers side door...i had a broken ground in mine that i had to fix

Huh... I might have to pull that apart on mine... My problem is that I can control all the windows from the drivers door (open or closed) but my passangers can't control from their individual doors... Before you ask, yes I've checked the window lock button... I've toggled it back and forth but still nothing... I'm guessing that its my switch in the drivers door itself...

Back