Pre-T-Haven

BlueDogBandit

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Miles City, Montana
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 & 93 XLT 4x4 Explorers
Well, here's the post. We are planning a run before the big 2001 T-Haven run. The dates are sceduled for the 18th and 19th of November. Mac, since you seem to be the resident expert in the area, I'll let you post exacts on the run. All interested please post. Thanx!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those dates work for me. I'll be there. We could meet in indio somewhere.

meeting place

If anyone else is coming from the north, they could meet you there. I think the San Diego guys are planning on meeting in Ramona. Mac, waiting for some response from you.

Dates work for me as well. I'll be comeing from Corona/Riverside area.
jerry

I'll be there. I like the dates and can't wait. Hopefully ARB will have my rear locker done by then.

I'd like to come out on Sunday, or Sat afternoon thru Sunday. Are there any plans for a night run? I'd like
to know. THUNDERHORSE, you out there? I'd like to buy your locker on the 1st of November. Do you still have it?
Talk to you all soon,

Hey Blue Dog! Would I be able to score a pair of those 1 inch coil spring spacers at the Pre-Truck Haven? It
would be good to just mail you the money and have you deliver the spacers to this pre-event.

Questions?

First of all, I went out to T-Haven today for my first time. Thought I'd just take a sunday afternoon drive. It was awsome. I little hot once we hit the sand, but not bad. We didn't do a bunch of off-roading though, because there were signs posted about recreational fees? Mac, maybe you can help me out here. The signs said you could buy a one day pass at the visitors center or at the camp sites. It didn't mention the price. I had already been to the towns visitor center, asked directions to T-haven, and the didn't mention the fee. I saw like fourty black/white Expeditions on the way out there pulling all kinds of people over, so know how crazy cali could be, I didn't want to risk it. By the time I made it back to town, the visitor center was closed. I don't mind paying a fee, but I would like to have it taken care of by the time we get out there. Mac, please inform, and I'll try to call out there to find out the exacts. I took some pics of my truck, so keep an eye out for it in the before and after section. Ken, hold off on the check. The lathe is down for parts right now. I've talked to a couple of people about contracting out the work, and its sounds good. If I can get them done, I'll bring them with me, and you can just pay me then. Another thing, if you have a place to carry gas can, bring your own gas from home. I paid $2.07 when we were leaving for the cheap stuff. Like an idiot, I didn't think I'd do a lot of driving, and figured a half a tank would of been enough for the day...what was I thinking. Can't wait for the run. Oh yea, I think I have a broken hub, great thing about a pre-run, we can fix the little things before the big run. To all, check out the post on Baja. Let us know what you think.

Blayne - You missed the TruckHaven area.

It's actually a failed residential area where it starts at. I don't remember the actual road, but it's a north/south hwy, not an east/west road. You turn off it, and you see residential blocks with no houses. Next thing you know, the road ends, and your in sand.

Last time I was there, there was no fees. It's blm land, not State/NPS park land. So you was west of where you wanted to be.

Interesting - I just did a maps.yahoo.com on TruckHaven, and it's there!

UH-DUNNO?

Uh, I guess that is why I am so excited about going out with some experience. The map I had, and the one on the side of the road both said I was in the right place. I took S22 about 6 miles I guess, out of town, just about to the end of the Anza-Borrego state park area. I still ended up finding some sand, but didn't want to go too far out, I was by myself...no other trucks. Hey, can you ride dirt bikes out there if you have a green sticker, or do you have to go to Ocatello Wells? Can't wait for November. Maybe it will be a little cooler out there then.

Pre-run

You can count me in. Just let me know what time to be there and I will. Brian Wooton. We could probably meet somewhere in O.C. and caravan down there. Let me know if that's cool. Laters

SD meeting place

Hey San Diego troop, let's meet in Ramona in the K-Mart parking lot. It will be on the left side of the road with a Rally's and a Toco Bell in the parking lot. Hey, would anybody be interested in going out friday night? I think the idea of night runs is awsome. There are some great sand trails with a lot of wild life out there. I doubt Matt Adams will make it out, but there has to be a "Vegas" wanna be to lead the way.

sounds good

I get off at 2pm, so I could be out there by 5pm. By that time, I'm sure I'll be out there again, and have the place all scoped out. Even if we don't do a run that night, it would be great. I could really use a weekend out. We could jus sit aroud, count stars, talk about the ulitmate explorer (you know, wht we would do to our trucks if money was no object), and drink a couple of cold ones. Then fall to sleep on my air mattress in the back of my truck, and wake up to the sound of explores rolling into camp.....sorry, I know I'm getting wordy, but it must of been a real long time since I've been out with the guys, becasue this is kinda sounding like a wet dream to me. Keep the posts coming. Looks like we are up to about 5-7 trucks right now. Good little mini run I'd say.

I can make it Friday night but the bad news is I'll have to bring my safety barriers(kids). My wife works nights and I can make it to Ramona by 5 or 6 Friday night. It's not so bad though, the trails are no porblem, but dealing w/ a 6 and an 8 year old at camp makes it interestiong. We will be there and ready to trail since the real anti-offroader will be working(wife). I love her, but she has nerves of pudding. Kids take after me thank God.

You won't believe this!

Mac, not that I won't mind the kids at camp, my wife was reading your post, and said this: If your wife is just working nights, he could meet you up here and his kids could stay here until she gets off work. Just an option. My wife is a former nanny and baby sits all the time for freinds. We have a 3 and 4 year old. Anyway, if you'd rather bring the kids, do you want to meet in Ramona at about 5pm. Let me know. Like I said earlier, by no means do I mind the kids, just thought I'd give you the oppertunity. I love my kids to death, but sometimes I need a break from them as well.

Bluedog, the kids don't bother me, I enjoy hearing them scream WHOAAAA, and WHEEEE, depending on the situation. They enjoy off roading but tend to get a little bored at camp. Maybe I'll bring the game boys and they'll be fine. Thanks for the offer though, but on weekends, its my job to keep them entertained while she catches up on sleep lost during the week. I think we can still have a great run w/ them along and if they get on anyones nerves, I'll throw 'em in the tent.

No prob

That's great. This is going to be a fun weekend. Hey, if they get bored, I'll take them snipe hunting, or cow tipping, or something like that.

Ken
Ok on the locker I'll get it to you as soon as I can, you going to have your gears done at the same time?
The Baja run sounds good, still a little leary of going down there, but guess I'll get over it.

I can't make the NOv. run till Saturday, and just for Saturday (work Sunday night) but I will be there.

jerry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where exactly is T-Haven? I read it was south of Salton Sea, but where? Near Westmorland? Thanks

Back