• Register Today It's free!

Prem. Off-Road Ranger?

RON COX

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 X, 4 dr. & 03 Ranger
Can anyone verify the rumor that Ford is putting together a prem. off-road package for the Rangers? Word has it Ford is going to put a manual trans, hubs, and x-case into a package which is going to run an additional 2k. In addition to this it supposed to have 31X11.5 BFG's, Bilsteins and a beefier 8.8. This sounds to good to be true! I've got my fingers crossed!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds good except for the extra 2K for the manual stuff. That was the beauty of manual stuff, it was Cheaper! But it does sound interesting.

I remember seeing pics before, I believe on here. Did you try a search. For some reason I recall seeing the picture of a manual T-case. I would be great to see Ford put all these features in the Ranger while maintaining it's close platform to the Explorer. It would also be better to see an Explorer with all those options.

Yes there has been a rumor of said Ranger. Not sure where it's going though.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=19199&highlight=ranger

RangOffR.jpg

Explorer Off-Road Pkg

I've said for years that Ford should offer something to counter Chevy's ZR2 Off-Road Package...that is, something more than a sticker on the fender. The off-road package you describe sounds great...now offer it in the Explorer Sport!

Put a manual drivetrain (tranny, t-case, hubs), some respectable ground clearance, 31+" tires, rear locker, 4.11 gears, etc. in a Sport, and I may even be able to get over the Inferior Front Suspension! Oh, yeah...and make sure to dump the plastic bumpers and put the spare tire outside on the tailgate where it belongs, please...

Back