• Register Today It's free!

Premature cancellation

Spook

Reaction score
City, State
Comox, British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
Does anyone know how to get the turn signal cancel to cancel a little further around the column? It cancels at the slightest turn of the wheel, like moving into the left turn lane with the signal going it will cancel so I have to reactivate for the actual left turn. Does it both directions. Is there a fix for this without getting too deep into the column?
I tried a search but no luck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like the switch is worn out. Might have to replace the multifunction switch. I am not that familiar with the 1st Gens. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in soon.

Good luck with the fix. :thumbsup:

Mine did it and I did not have a problem with it until my wipers started staying on too. So, I switched it and now the wipers come on when I want them to and the trun signals work fine as well.

My rear wiper is the same as well. Fronts work great. The rear when turned on works great most of the time but at times I may turn it on the clear the window, say on the highway in the rain, and when I turn it off sometimes it sticks up for a few minutes before going back down.

Does anyone know how to get the turn signal cancel to cancel a little further around the column? It cancels at the slightest turn of the wheel, like moving into the left turn lane with the signal going it will cancel so I have to reactivate for the actual left turn. Does it both directions. Is there a fix for this without getting too deep into the column?
I tried a search but no luck.
i hate it when i get premature cancillation

Back