Prerunner explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rustybuttrusty98

Reaction score
City, State
British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer XLT
When I traded my 95 F150 for a 1994 Ex 4x4 4 door it also came with a parts explorer. I just sold the running and driving explorer to my mom and we agreed that I keep the parts one because it does not have papers( little sketchy vac round...). Now, I'm wanting to do a long travel up front, Mickey Thompson baja style rims, full roll cage, custom built dash, custom bumpers, long travel rear( still not decided on turning the leaf sprung into a 4 link or not ), stripped interior with only seats and plastic trim left and a few more things. How many people have done this? I know where to get the rims/tires, front/rear fenders, etc.. But I haven't had any luck finding where to purchase a long travel suspension kit. I'm slowly getting the parts Over the winter( college and living expenses are making the parts budget tight right now ) and I'll be back for help along the way.. Such as wiring up a completely different ignition into the new dash( turn key than turn everything else on, such as fans, fuel pump, lights, etc..) any links to parts to help this project would be great! Found mostly everything except the long travel suspension. Any photos of your first gen ex. Prerunners?

Check out Solo Motorsports for your front suspension, tell them I sent you!
http://www.solomotorsports.com/

Linking the rear is tricky if you want to keep your stock fuel tank.

Back