mk3girl

Reaction score
City, State
ottawa,on
Hi!

We are shopping for a 2013 Ford Explorer Base FWD

we live in Ottawa, ON, Canada

the MSRP is 29,999$ + tax and fees

how much should we ask off the MSRP to have a good deal?

There is a Costco incentive right now of 1000$.

And we have a 500$ off from being at the Ottawa auto show 2 months ago.

Can we realistically ask for 2000$ off?

My main issue is that dealers are telling me that Ford Credit is not flexible on the finance % of 5.49% for 60 months :thumbdwn:

Any input?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

we ordered our 2013 ford explorer FWD oxford white yesterday!

very excited!

Congratulations! Keep us posted on the progress :)

we ordered our 2013 ford explorer FWD oxford white yesterday!

very excited!
Congrats and welcome to the boards, mk3girl! :D You can shoot me a PM with your order number & dealer info, and I’ll research your latest order status. :)

Cory

thanks guys!

we should get a call this afternoon to confirm financing, i will ask them for the order number

we are still waiting for our order, we got our vin number about 2 weeks ago

they first said the truck would land june 25th, then they said it was postponed to july 4th, finally, they told me that it was delayed to july 16th

and yesterday when i called back my sales rep, he told me that the date was july 23rd in the system for the last 2 weeks so he doesn't think it's gonna change again...

i find this is getting ridiculous! we ordered the base model with nothing special except the hitch on may 19th!!! so it`s getting close to 9 weeks

anyone know a number where i could call Ford directly? what should I do?
:(

MK3Girl, our Ex's will probably be on the same line together, my build date is 23rd too. Hopefully nothing will hold them back! I understand your frustrations, waiting is so hard. We ordered on June 8th, so you have been waiting quite a bit longer than me! Here's to fingers crossed that we are both in our new rides by the first week of August, that's my ETA!

Hang in there. We ordered May 3rd and are looking at end of July/early August delivery. Lots of things go into these orders but it sure does feel like first come first serve would be OK once in awhile...lol. There are plenty of people who waited four and five months so ours are relatively quick in the grand scheme of things. And just think, it is being made JUST for YOU! Don't know about you, but that's a first for me! Fingers crossed your Ex comes soon!
-Toddy

Agreed. Cory is going to be your only real help, "calling Ford direct" won't do anything...

Regardless of options, the cars won't run the line any faster...

Hang in there! :)

thanks guys! I will try to be patient! :D

I wasn't aware that some people had to wait 4 or 5 months, that is crazy!!!

MK3Girl, our Ex's will probably be on the same line together, my build date is 23rd too. Hopefully nothing will hold them back!...
JUtecht,

You Explorer will probably be “siblings” with MK3Girl’s. :D I see your order is still on track!

Hang in there. We ordered May 3rd and are looking at end of July/early August delivery...
Yours is already in transit, Toddy! The ETA to the dealer is currently 08/04/2012, but this is still subject to change.

Agreed. Cory is going to be your only real help...
I appreciate the vote of confidence, Joe Dirt. :)

...we got our vin number about 2 weeks ago...
Drop me a line via PM with your VIN and I’ll be happy to do some digging, mk3girl. :thumbsup:

Cory

Back