Price?

sherwing2000

Reaction score
City, State
NYC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sports
Gents,
I'm new in the forum and planning to get a 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L Ecoboost V6 with 402A package and maybe with dual moonroof. My question is what price should i bargain on? Did you purchase an extended warranty? Thank You

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gents,
I'm new in the forum and planning to get a 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L Ecoboost V6 with 402A package and maybe with dual moonroof. My question is what price should i bargain on? Did you purchase an extended warranty? Thank You

I ordered a 13 Sport on 12/14/12 and agreed to pay "dealer invoice" approx $45,700.00 minus any incentives. I believe at the time incentives were $1,500.00. So I should be around $44,200.00 plus tax, tags when it arrives. MSRP on the window sticker is about $49,450.00. I know the KBB, Edmunds, and Cars.com invoice prices on the Internet are not absolute true dealer invoices but its a starting point.

Cheers!

Ed

As far as extended warranties, my personal opinion is that they are a waste of money. Only purchased an extended once.....once! Never again.

Ed

I did not do an extended warranty on my Sport, but I only keep my vehicles for around 3 years because of the miles I put on it.

Did you purchase an extended warranty? Thank You

I am planning to purchase an extended warranty for my Sport. If you get an extended warranty, stick with a Ford ESP and price shop carefully. Prices can vary by $1000 or more. Google Ford ESP and price the option that you want from the online dealers. You can either buy from them or use the information to bargain with your dealer.

My opinion on extended warranties: if you get one, make sure its a Ford warranty and get a comprehensive wrap. Don't go with a $0 deductible, but rather a $100 or even $200. This will keep the cost of the warranty down. I had an extended warranty on my 2004 Pontiac GTO and it paid off big time. I had a $100 deductible, so after the warranty period was up, any repair was $100 and I got a rental car of my GTO was in the shop more than a day. After the first 2 incidents after warranty was up, it paid for itself. If you finance your explorer then this will give you protection while making payments past 3 years. With as much technology is in these new cars, I'm definitely getting a Ford service plan. Especially with the advanced 4wd, twin turbo engine and all the myford touch goodies.

But I keep my vehicles 6/8 years.

Thanks for all replies. What type of gas does it take?

Thanks for all replies. What type of gas does it take?

It only requires 87 octane but will get better performance with premium, according to the manual. I have used both 87 and 90 in mine. I've been driving in winter conditions since the vehicle arrived in late November so top performance hasn't been a priority. I may try premium after the ice and snow are gone.

It only requires 87 octane but will get better performance with premium, according to the manual. I have used both 87 and 90 in mine. I've been driving in winter conditions since the vehicle arrived in late November so top performance hasn't been a priority. I may try premium after the ice and snow are gone.

Thanks

I've been putting premium in all of my vehicles for 8 years. Its just automatic for me. Of course both cars required Or recommended premium (04 GTO; VW turbo)

Being the Explorer Sport turbo direct injection, premium is all that will go through it.

Thanks. I'm still debating if I should get a limited or sports. Any suggestions? Thanks

Thanks. I'm still debating if I should get a limited or sports. Any suggestions? Thanks

I suggest looking at the features that are available on the limited but not the sport. These include 2nd row console, HIDs, heated steering wheel, park assist, lane assist, and power 3rd row. Are any of them really important to you? How much do you value the better performance of the sport? How critical is gas mileage? Which styling do you prefer? It's a personal decision based on what you are looking for in a vehicle and how you will use it.

I got the Sport for 3 reasons: It's got the 3.5EcoBoost, the styling is great and the value for the $$$.

Otherwise we were looking at the Audi Q7's and BMW X5's.

Warranty

As far as extended warranties, my personal opinion is that they are a waste of money. Only purchased an extended once.....once! Never again.

Ed

I've never purchased an extended warranty-waste of $3000 + . All my ford vehicles have been good to me. Spend the extra money on lowering your principal and then refinancing a year or two later to drop your payment.

Fred

Back